NolanFans collective diary of angry venting

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Approaching a Muslim and disagreeing with their views? :lol: What does that even mean. "Hey laddie, just wanted to tell you that I respectfully disagree with you, oopsy, I guess it's jail time for me now, bye."

£

Master Virgo wrote:
March 12th, 2018, 1:59 pm
Approaching a Muslim and disagreeing with their views? :lol: What does that even mean. "Hey laddie, just wanted to tell you that I respectfully disagree with you, oopsy, I guess it's jail time for me now, bye."

£
Yep.

When our cities fall to the infidels I at least hope it's to Raj Cilogy or Pratham

Ruth wrote:
March 12th, 2018, 11:11 am
No, he does have a valid point, but it's being drowned out by islamophobic and racist bullshit he's spewing here.
I think "Islamophobia" is the most ridiculous and dangerous expression in modern politics. It's inherently paradoxical: It is used by groups - Islamists in particular - to label those who criticise aspects of Islam as racist, and thus appear as anti-racist work. All responsibility for, like radicalization, is pushed away from Islamists and onto a "repressive" majority.

Worst of all, it implies an irrational fear of something generally considered harmless, but is it phobia to criticize aspects of a religion that embraces violence or oppression? No. Criticism of religion in general should be OK. You should be able to make fun of a religion without being labelled racist, "Islamophobic", or worse, being killed for it.

No, criticising Islam is not Islamophobia, but being afraid of the increase in the number of Muslims in your country, is. As long as people are legally coming in, working and paying for what they have and living respectfully, they deserve respect.

Oh no, bloody foreigners are taking over my country, what about my people? The people who look more like me. Those are more important to me. Yeah, that's pretty much racism for you.£

Master Virgo wrote:
March 12th, 2018, 4:26 pm
No, criticising Islam is not Islamophobia, but being afraid of the increase in the number of Muslims in your country, is. As long as people are legally coming in, working and paying for what they have and living respectfully, they deserve respect.

Oh no, bloody foreigners are taking over my country, what about my people? The people who look more like me. Those are more important to me. Yeah, that's pretty much racism for you.£
But Muslims are like bodysnatchers, haven't you heard?

An easy fix to having middle eastern people migrate to other countries and cause trouble or assimilate properly (whatever that means) would be to not wage wars that tear apart their fucking countries in the first place.

Any problems that America and Britain face was wrought by their government's mindless support of interminable war in the middle east.

Master Virgo wrote:

But if that fear is coupled with the increase of influence of Islam on society due to increasing immigration of Muslims to that country, then you are by that definition a racist/"Islamophobic"? By that logic you are not only utilizing the term merely as a domination technique to suppress opponents, but also depriving Muslims of agency

this unrelated to the current discussion, but my angry vent of the day is that we would have better lives right now and a much much better future if fucking hillary clinton lost the primary to bernie.

i voted for her, didn't feel good abt it, but I feel like it was the right move. and they still fucked it up lmao

Master Virgo wrote:

Quite some Muslim people disagree with Western beliefs (to call it that). There were muslim people at my school who said the people at Charlie Hebdo shouldn't have ridiculed their prophet i.e. they had it coming. I mean, what in the actual hell is that? People who think like that have no place in Western society, Muslim or not. Not to forget that they (meaning the people who actually do this, not literally all of them because I don't believe that) still think that the man is superior to the woman. There still are muslims men who won't shake a woman's hand.

I should wait and read the last two pages carefully before giving an opinion and I will but here's my current thoughts.

I think Islam is both understood and misunderstood greatly in the west. People take their information from inaccurate sources. There's so much to explain and to talk about. Sharia? Most people don't understand what that word implies.

It seems that line between Islamophobia and Xenophobia are blurred here. Take that into consideration.

About Charlie Hebdo, I think the outrage was absolutely ridiculous and people shouldn't be affected by such silly things, but people are extremely sensitive about what they believe in. Similar acts might be committed by a different religious group.
Also, if you know a group of people will react violently (which again is unacceptable) maybe it's not the smartest thing to do it when you know the consequences?

Offending people is not a solution. The solution is EDUCATION and listening to each and having a healthy conversation. Attacking each other will only make things worse. I'll weigh later because this discussion is really important to me.