The Trayvon Martin Case

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
taking place in NYC right now

they have a riot squad out there, even though the park is supposed to be open to the public at all times

http://www.ustream.tv/timcast

whats this all about?
Why you lurking my page brah?

Trayvon Martin homicide in Sanford, Florida, where a 17 year old African American boy was killed by a "self appointed neighborhood watchman" because he thought he was a threat. What was Martin doing? Walking in a gated neighborhood at night, wearing a hooded sweatshirt. All of this happened on the evening of February 26, within the metropolitan area of Sanford, Florida . Zimmerman has never been arrested; it's worth pointing out that had Martin been holding the gun and Zimmerman was the one shot, trayvon Martin would be sitting in a cell. Change. Zimmerman has never been arrested; it's worth pointing out that had Martin been holding the gun and Zimmerman was the one shot, Trayvon Martin would be sitting in a cell. Zimmerman has never been arrested; it's worth pointing out that had Martin been holding the gun and Zimmerman was the one shot, Trayvon Martin would be sitting in a cell. What was the perceived threat from Trayvon Martin by this POS George Zimmerman? He was a young black male walking in a gated community at night wearing a hooded sweatshirt. Zimmerman has never been arrested; it's worth pointing out that had Martin been holding the gun and Zimmerman was the one shot, Trayvon Martin would be sitting in a cell. All of this happened on the evening of February 26, within the metropolitan area of Sanford, Florida . Brothers and sisters , every parents of a sun kissed child panics when they listens to the recording of Trayvon Martin 911 Calls..

Dodd wrote:whats this all about?
White neighborhood watch cop chases down a black kid in a gated community that is mostly white, who has Skittles and Ice Tea as a weapon and is screaming for help, and shoots him dead. Cop still hasn't been arrested, POC furious, starts Million Hoodie March.

FBI and DOJ has been called down to FL at least. Finally. The cops did not even arrest the self appointed vigilante.

President Obama spoke in highly personal terms on Friday about the impact on him of the shooting in Florida of a 17-year-old black youth named Trayvon Martin, saying that “if I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon.”

I live in America where a chick that threw flour on Kim Kardashian was arrested on site. But the man who KILLED Trayvon Martin is still free
Something I re-tweeted this morning.

chee wrote:
Dodd wrote:whats this all about?
White neighborhood watch cop chases down a black kid in a gated community that is mostly white, who has Skittles and Ice Tea as a weapon and is screaming for help, and shoots him dead. Cop still hasn't been arrested, POC furious, starts Million Hoodie March.
This whole case disgusts me.

Although, as someone who lives in the same county this took place in, and who knows people who live in that exact community, I will say "mostly white" and "gated community" might sound misleading.

It's a town home community that is very middle class and quite affordable. Sanford has a 30+% African-American population, which is more than double the national average. Obviously you would still consider the demographics mostly white, but I think some people are using verbiage that make it sound (perhaps) more... elite?.. than it really is.

Why the police department have been making grave errors in judgement, and what motives are behind that all is what is really puzzling and outrageous.

I take Alex Jones with a gain of salt but I actually agree with this:

Why you lurking my page brah?