LGBT Rights: The Big Gay Thread

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
I'm celebrating by going to Chik-fil-A

OT from what's going on right now but this is an interesting video regarding the transgender issue.

I think this priest handles it really well, considering what a sensitive topic it is.

Cilogy wrote:I'm celebrating by going to Chik-fil-A
I actually did go yesterday. But we were planning on that beforehand. lol

And I do honestly think that video states the issue pretty well.

Bacon wrote:
Cilogy wrote:I'm celebrating by going to Chik-fil-A
I actually did go yesterday. But we were planning on that beforehand. lol

And I do honestly think that video states the issue pretty well.
What are your thoughts on yesterday's news?

The Supreme Court, from my belief, did the correct thing. If I had to be honest, I'm still not about to condone the action, but in a country famous for it's freedom of religion and separation of church and state, I believe homosexuals deserve the human right to marry. Not everyone believes the same as I do, and they shouldn't be forced to comply just as I'm not forced to comply with some of their beliefs. I truly am happy for those that have fought for this to happen.
Last edited by Bacon on June 27th, 2015, 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michaelf2225 wrote:OT from what's going on right now but this is an interesting video regarding the transgender issue.

I think this priest handles it really well, considering what a sensitive topic it is.

if you're trans you're trans. it isn't really an issue

Michaelf2225 wrote:OT from what's going on right now but this is an interesting video regarding the transgender issue.

not sure I agree with Jon Hamm on this one
Last edited by Cilogy on June 27th, 2015, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cilogy wrote:not sure I agree with Jon Hamm on this one
What did he say?

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:if you're trans you're trans. it isn't really an issue
It is an issue though. Without passing judgement, many trans people need help. Not to be told they're wrong, but to be guided through their struggles because many are upset with their lives and others discriminated against. The suicide attempt rate among transgender people is over 40%, which is terrible. Regardless of your moral stance on the issue, whether pro or con, it is something people need to talk about.

Michaelf2225 wrote:
mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:if you're trans you're trans. it isn't really an issue
It is an issue though. Without passing judgement, many trans people need help. Not to be told they're wrong, but to be guided through their struggles because many are upset with their lives and others discriminated against. The suicide attempt rate among transgender people is over 40%, which is terrible. Regardless of your moral stance on the issue, whether pro or con, it is something people need to talk about.
a video comparing trans people to people with mental disorders and kids pretending to be dogs probably isn't helping that suicide rate too much