LGBT Rights: The Big Gay Thread

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
What's interesting about this is, I'm not sure if Chee is the same way, I'm not as attracted to men as I am to women. I don't really consider myself to be part of the LGBT community. However, I hold the idea of love in very high regard, and in a round about way I feel injustice against different types of sexuality is injustice against love in general. This is why I'm passionate about LGBT rights.
Last edited by Cilogy on January 22nd, 2012, 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

jibran wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:It's an issue I'm very passionate about. Love is something that I don't think anybody has the right to tamper with, and I believe all love should be treated equal and without prejudice.
Even between an eighty year old and nine year old? Or between boy and his grandmother? Or even a small girl and a raccoon?

Because, I think I'm pretty fair and open about relationships and especially LGBT rights but there are a few things which I can't tolerate including the above.
Yes, Crazy Eight thinks it's appropriate for an adult to have a sexual relationship with a kid. :roll:

Cilogy wrote:What interesting about this is, I'm not sure if Chee is the same way, I'm not as attracted to men as I am to women. I don't really consider myself to be part of the LGBT community. However, I hold the idea of love in very high regard, and in a round about way I feel injustice against different types of sexuality is injustice against love in general. This is why I'm passionate about LGBT rights.
Not really, I'm very attracted to men and women but I can't seem to get in a relationship with a woman. I keep getting into relationships with men, and I do like them, but I end up wanting to get out of the relationship as soon as I'm in.

I think sexuality is very different from person to person, and whatever you identify as (as long as its between consenting adults, since we gotta clarify because of the above post :lol: ), nobody should treat you like shit because of it. And I don't think someone else should question your sexuality either, someone asked me if I ever kissed a woman and because I haven't, then how do I know that I like women? Yeah, I never kissed a woman, but I never kissed a man until I was 18 but I knew I liked men. Nobody questioned that, but once I come out as bi, all of a sudden its questioned. I think its rude and demeaning. :problem:

chee wrote:And I don't think someone else should question your sexuality either, someone asked me if I ever kissed a woman and because I haven't, then how do I know that I like woman? Yeah, I never kissed a woman, but I never kissed a man until I was 18 but I knew I liked men. Nobody questioned that, but once I come out as bi, all of a sudden its questioned. I think its rude and demeaning. :problem:
I don't think they, unless they truly are bigots, intend to be rude. Traditionally, heterosexuality was viewed as the "norm", so anything different from that "norm" is probably going to be questioned. Relative to how long human history is, the world is only recently becoming more comfortable with different sexualities, just as it took a long time to become more comfortable with racial equality (and in many ways that process is still going on).

Most people are, unfortunately, trained and brought up to think that heterosexuality is the "starting point" or the baseline and other sexualities are a deviation from that path, when the truth is that they are just different paths altogether.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

chee wrote:but I can't seem to get in a relationship with a woman.
Wow! Me neither!

steveportee wrote:
jibran wrote:
Even between an eighty year old and nine year old? Or between boy and his grandmother? Or even a small girl and a raccoon?

Because, I think I'm pretty fair and open about relationships and especially LGBT rights but there are a few things which I can't tolerate including the above.
Yes, Crazy Eight thinks it's appropriate for an adult to have a sexual relationship with a kid. :roll:
He didn't specify.

Besides, his avatar makes me think of extreme age-gap relationships.
Do you... like pineapple?

jibran wrote:
steveportee wrote: Yes, Crazy Eight thinks it's appropriate for an adult to have a sexual relationship with a kid. :roll:
He didn't specify.

I also didn't specify against bestiality, which I fully support.

steveportee wrote:
chee wrote:but I can't seem to get in a relationship with a woman.
Wow! Me neither!
It's terrible, isn't it. :batface:

Crazy Eight wrote:
jibran wrote:
He didn't specify.

I also didn't specify against bestiality, which I fully support.

Biggest revelation on here since sallygucha turned out to be peteagassi? Cilogy is bi. Uncalled for. :lol: No but that's cool bro.