LGBT Rights: The Big Gay Thread

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
Michaelf2225 wrote:
mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:if you're trans you're trans. it isn't really an issue
It is an issue though. Without passing judgement, many trans people need help. Not to be told they're wrong, but to be guided through their struggles because many are upset with their lives and others discriminated against. The suicide attempt rate among transgender people is over 40%, which is terrible. Regardless of your moral stance on the issue, whether pro or con, it is something people need to talk about.
a video comparing trans people to people with mental disorders and kids pretending to be dogs probably isn't helping that suicide rate too much
This is politically incorrect to say, but technically, in the clinical sense of the phrase, if it's something you need drastic surgery to fix it is a disorder or condition of some kind. Not that it changes that we should support them. Since we should obviously.

-Vader

Apparently some of those anti-marriage equality Americans want to move to Australia.

I say fuck off. Australia doesn't need these kind of people.

Vader182 wrote:
This is politically incorrect to say, but technically, in the clinical sense of the phrase, if it's something you need drastic surgery to fix it is a disorder or condition of some kind. Not that it changes that we should support them. Since we should obviously.

-Vader
I was going to say something to that effect, but I figured I'd already dug myself into a hole enough as it is.

Vader182 wrote: This is politically incorrect to say, but technically, in the clinical sense of the phrase, if it's something you need drastic surgery to fix it is a disorder or condition of some kind. Not that it changes that we should support them. Since we should obviously.

-Vader
if you were born in the wrong body i would certainly consider that a disorder. labeling those who have undergoing surgery as people with disorders is sorta silly since they're actually much closer to a healthy/natural state

How can one be "born into" the wrong body?

identifying as a woman but being born with a schlong etc

also props to me for having a relevant avy huehue

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:identifying as a woman but being born with a schlong etc
Identifying as something and being born as something are two different things.

true indeed

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:true indeed
So I don't see how someone can be born in the wrong body.

if You: the conscious entity, didn't feel like the sack of cells that house you was the correct gender. dunno how i can simplify it more

look i don't wanna get into a whole thing here