A thread for Science

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
jibran wrote:
tykjen wrote:Supersoldier ants created in the lab by reactivating ancestral genes

http://www.physorg.com/news/2012-01-sup ... stral.html
Ha, I was thinking of posting that.

Reactivating ancestral genes. Interesting stuff. Can't wait for the super-mutants.
Hell ye. Science has been one badass motherfucker lately!

Wow, real time is so much cooler than human time.

tykjen wrote:Wow, real time is so much cooler than human time.

I fucking love science. :tooexcited:

But the ant thing...do not want. :oldmanface:

NASA is not playing god. NASA is more than god and answered more questions than god.

tykjen wrote:NASA is not playing god. NASA is more than god and answered more questions than god.
Yeah, I've seen this episode before. It's amazing.

tykjen wrote:
NASA is not playing god. NASA is more than god and answered more questions than god.
...and actually exists.

I feel suicidal everytime I'm in Science class. Partly because it's boring, partly because I go to a Christian school so a lot of things are censored and they include Biblical connections. :roll:

FilmmakerRising wrote:I feel suicidal everytime I'm in Science class. Partly because it's boring, partly because I go to a Christian school so a lot of things are censored and they include Biblical connections. :roll:
I love science.

I want to marry him.

FilmmakerRising wrote:I feel suicidal everytime I'm in Science class. Partly because it's boring, partly because I go to a Christian school so a lot of things are censored and they include Biblical connections. :roll:
Might be the way the material is presented to you. I hated science class too, cause it was just memorization of pointless shit that I forgot anyways. Learning science (biology, mostly. I still don't have a clue when it comes to physics and chemistry) on my own has been one of the many fun experiences in my life.

And that it being a Christian school, totally. I recommend looking online for youtube scientists, they have a really fun way of explaining things.

Thunderf00t's Creationist series (a little more technical though) kept me awake all night once. I just kept watching it. D:

I honestly don't know why every time there has to be a comparison between science and religion. Both sides are fucking wrong in comparing one with the other. Science is about something physical while religion is about spirituality. It's like comparing mathematics with faith. It's stupid and wrong, yet both sides are doing it to discredit the other. Why there has to be so much hate against religion or science? Why can't people accept both? I've seen a lot of people that agree that both are good/bad in their own way. To have this stupid cerebral war over science and religion is pathetic and really shows the current state of humanity. We're still miles away from being evolved and wise beings but we want to know the truth and to meet E.T.. We fight for freedom and acceptance of our brothers and enemies yet we carry stupid wars against ideas and concepts that are useless and against our evolution as human beings. This world sickens me. And what sickens me the most is that people promote this shit and actually feel great when they hear something about it... Like uh-uh this actor said religion is crap. YEEEY. Uh-uh this singer said science is wrong. YEEEY. Really?

And to point out the flaw in Radcliffe's quote... "religion is against human complexity"... Uhm... Spirituality = human's spiritual complexity. Physical fact = human's physical complexity. BOTH are SO NOT AGAINST human complexity. :suicide: