A thread for Science

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Astronomers map the universe's dark matter at unprecedented scale

For the first time, astronomers have mapped dark matter on the largest scale ever observed. Their findings reveal a Universe comprised of an intricate cosmic web of dark matter and galaxies that spans more than one billion light years.

http://www.physorg.com/news/2012-01-ast ... scale.html

tykjen wrote:Astronomers map the universe's dark matter at unprecedented scale

For the first time, astronomers have mapped dark matter on the largest scale ever observed. Their findings reveal a Universe comprised of an intricate cosmic web of dark matter and galaxies that spans more than one billion light years.

http://www.physorg.com/news/2012-01-ast ... scale.html
Oh shit...

My mind is full of fuck.

Nolan4Life wrote:My mind is full of fuck.
You dirty young man...

Me: "Hmm...I feel like looking at a free introductory college course for physics cause I don't really understand it."

*finds one*

Free Course: "You've got to know your trigonometry, you've got to know what's a sine and what's a cosine. You cannot say, "I will look it up." Your birthday and social security number is what you look up. Trigonometry functions you know all the time. Okay. I will ask you, and you do. All right. And of course, there's trigonometric identities you know from high school. Pages and pages of them, so no one expects you to know all those identities, but there are a few popular ones we will use."

Come back here, Bill Nye. :tooexcited:

The real power of water will soon be known to everyone.

chee wrote:Me: "Hmm...I feel like looking at a free introductory college course for physics cause I don't really understand it."

*finds one*

Free Course: "You've got to know your trigonometry, you've got to know what's a sine and what's a cosine. You cannot say, "I will look it up." Your birthday and social security number is what you look up. Trigonometry functions you know all the time. Okay. I will ask you, and you do. All right. And of course, there's trigonometric identities you know from high school. Pages and pages of them, so no one expects you to know all those identities, but there are a few popular ones we will use."

Trigonometry is easy. SOH-CAH-TOA. The only phrase you ever need to know, SOH = Sine which is the Opposite / Hypotoneuse. CAH = Cosine which is Adjacent / Hypotonouse. TOA = Tan which is Opposite / Adjacent.

Yes im a maths geek, deal with it :ugeek:

if u find trig hard i feel bad for you

i went up to Calc 5

Fallz wrote:
chee wrote:Me: "Hmm...I feel like looking at a free introductory college course for physics cause I don't really understand it."

*finds one*

Trigonometry is easy. SOH-CAH-TOA. The only phrase you ever need to know, SOH = Sine which is the Opposite / Hypotoneuse. CAH = Cosine which is Adjacent / Hypotonouse. TOA = Tan which is Opposite / Adjacent.

Yes im a maths geek, deal with it :ugeek:
Trigonometry is easy as piss, I mastered it for my maths GCSE and this is coming from a guy who got 2% in one of his tests.

Though there may be contributing factors towards that result other than me being bad at maths.