Religious Discussions

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
akv1984 wrote:Good has come out of religion such as charity, helping people out, etc. But there is bad too.
actually, good comes out of humanity
Overall, I would like to think that there is a God because belief in God gives life some meaning.
actually, life experiences give life meaning

Vader182 wrote: Simply, I believe logic dictates there must be some sort of intelligent being to have created the universe as it is

if that's logic, then it means something must have created this intelligent being as well...and something must have created that something...and it continues on down.

Agnostic here. Atheists bother me nearly as much as religious folks. Both display certainty; 1.) I know there's a God/after life, 2.) I know there isn't a God/after life. Both are blank, unfounded statements. Displaying any kind of certainty when dealing with the unknown is ludicrous.
Atheists simply don't believe in any gods, which is why I'm an agnostic atheist. I don't know if there is a god and I choose not to believe in one. That's one of the biggest misconceptions about atheists, that we know there are no deities. The term just means disbelief in deities, it has nothing to do with what we know. Agnosticism means that you cannot know either way, and I agree with that. But I also don't believe in deities, which makes me an agnostic atheist.

There are those atheists that disbelieve and "know" there is no god, but they are very uncommon from what I've seen in the online atheism groups.

My parents are agnostic deists, they believe in a deity but understand that they can't know either way.

But really, you can't know if the invisible pink unicorn is real, so I'm an agnostic aunicorn as well.

why do you have to know or even be concerned with it, is what i always ask myself...its outside of the realm of your life. It's nothing that you can come in contact with, so it is irrelevant to your experience here on earth. Treasure that. And make the best of it.

After reading the religious points of views in this thread, I can safely lean towards that "most" religions act as a mind prison.
Alan Moore put it wonderfully that human kind needs an Apocalypse. A [mental] Apocalypse. A rude awakening it would be, but it is a seriously needed one in these insane times.

tykjen wrote:After reading the religious points of views in this thread, I can safely lean towards that "most" religions act as a mind prison.
Alan Moore put it wonderfully that human kind needs an Apocalypse. A [mental] Apocalypse. A rude awakening it would be, but it is a seriously needed one in these insane times.
:shock: I thought you were perma banned? Good to have you back.

Allstar wrote: :shock: I thought you were perma banned? Good to have you back.
Thank you kindly sir. I had a month vacation, and it was well spent.

Technically speaking I would be an agnostic atheist, but you don't have to claim with certainty in order to be an atheist.

1. the doctrine or belief that there is no God.
2. disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

movieman1005 wrote:Technically speaking I would be an agnostic atheist, but you don't have to claim with certainty in order to be an atheist.

1. the doctrine or belief that there is no God.
2. disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.
Yeah, exactly. The belief that there is no God or supreme being is nearly as absurd as the belief that there is a God or supreme being. Both show certainty- it may not be confident certainty, but it's still a belief/leap of faith based on no factual evidence. It's simply that, a belief. A belief that you know the answer.

I believe in Jebus.

My religious philosophy: I don't know and you don't know and neither does anyone else so who cares
Why you lurking my page brah?