Religious Discussions

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
I wish every religious person would think about this for two solid minutes.
"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
"When art imitates life"

Is that Nietzsche?

Someone on my facebook posted this

"Conviction is the mortal enemy of understanding."
Friedrich Nietzsche

To be honest I had to really meditate on it to have it sink in. I know what it means, but then I tell myself...do I really know?

This status was on my news feed just now. Statuses like this piss me off to no end.

SantomTheWhite wrote:Is that Nietzsche?

Someone on my facebook posted this

"Conviction is the mortal enemy of understanding."
Friedrich Nietzsche

To be honest I had to really meditate on it to have it sink in. I know what it means, but then I tell myself...do I really know?
yea thats Nietzsche
Its basically a straight up attack on religion and wishful thinking. Nietzsche emphasizes embracing harsh reality and urges intense/constant struggle for whatever is desired because thats the only true way of attaining profound happiness. He's the one who said "that which does not kill me makes me stronger". He also hated alcohol because it provides misplaced comfort and hinders growth.
"When art imitates life"

akv1984 wrote:This status was on my news feed just now. Statuses like this piss me off to no end.

oh boy........

movieman1005 wrote:
akv1984 wrote:This status was on my news feed just now. Statuses like this piss me off to no end.

oh boy........
Wait so we're God? Or are we nothing?
"When art imitates life"

It's fun to pick at Christians though, like just fuck with them for kicks to get them to say shit they don't intend to reveal just to see their ego melt in the blank, frozen expressions of their face. For how narcissistic some of these cocksuckers act, they deserve it.
If an Atheist makes one mistake, or logical fallacy my Dad will act like the Atheist made the biggest fail ever...but if a Christian says a ridiculous kindergarten reason for saying one should believe in God, says a lie on why one should believe in God without proof (when they're actually attempting to give proof), should just automatically believe because it's just "so", he'll be like
THAT'S RIGHT. But if an Atheist used that same logic he'd be like "you can't prove to me he doesn't exist."

He's said on a number of occasions for proof that Jesus is the one true God - "History records Jesus coming out of the grave on the 3rd day." without giving me any names of documents, when history first recorded it, or anything.
Another time he said "Find Jesus' body and maybe I'll listen to what you have to say." I said - "Well, why don't we find Caesar Nero's body? What about Pontious Pilot? Or the dude who wrote Tomb of Gilgamesh? What about Moses? What about Galileo?"

I ran out of nighttime medication (that's supposed to calm my mind down to knock me out so I can actually sleep) so I've been up all night just thinking aboutChristianity.

"When art imitates life"

dafox are you really Muslim? :?

ragul712 wrote:dafox are you really Muslim? :?
No
"When art imitates life"