Congress Hearings on Internet Censorship

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Anyone got updates on this. I'm not seeing any news on this.

It would be nice to keep track of views and actions of local politicians on this item so I can vote them out of office next election, if necessary. But as Chee said, President Obama will veto it if it passes. I don't know if congress will have enough votes to overturn his veto.

I fucking hate all politicians. Nothing but a bunch of scumbags.

Republican-the party that denies the truth
Democrats-the party that skews the truth

I don't want either of these idiots controlling our internet.

Yesterday we did a historic thing. We generated 87,834 phone calls to U.S. Representatives in a concerted effort to protect the Internet. Extraordinary. There’s no doubt that we’ve been heard.

So just to keep you updated: The well-intentioned, but immensely flawed “Stop Online Piracy Act” is still in the House Judiciary Committee. The hearing was yesterday and now members will debate and bring amendments to the bill. The Committee will reconvene in a few weeks — the date has yet to be scheduled. Nothing has been brought to a final vote. Everything is still very much in play. We’ll keep you posted on what’s going on and what you can do to help. But for now, we want to thank you.
A total of 1,293 hours of communication with representatives yesterday.

- Official Tumblr Staff

Very nice, thanks for the update Teddy.

if this shit goes through, we might end up living out this TDKR movie

mchekhov wrote:if this shit goes through, we might end up living out this TDKR movie
It makes me wonder what Anonymous would do if the bill passes. Something tells me they'd fuck some serious shit up.

Crazy Eight wrote:
mchekhov wrote:if this shit goes through, we might end up living out this TDKR movie
It makes me wonder what Anonymous would do if the bill passes. Something tells me they'd fuck some serious shit up.
Heck, I'd fuck some serious shit up. You don't mess around with my internet. It's the only public space, aside from real life, where I can say what I want and post what I want.

chee wrote:You don't mess around with my internet. It's the only public space, aside from real life, where I can say what I want and post what I want.
Not really. Some people said "snob" and got burned. I think Internet is already censored by the same people who claim it's freedom of speech. :lol: