World Affairs & Philosophy

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
I've been talking with Vader about the World Affairs forum, and changes that can be made to improve the scope of topics. The 30 page, technically off-topic discussion about abortion in the election thread proved that serious debate can happen (for the most part) here on the forums, and it would be nice if there was a wider variety of threads to have those debates in. The result is the new World Affairs & Philosophy forum.

Yeah, it's sorta just a title change. But it should help broaden the scope of discussions and allow for more specific topics and threads. So perhaps instead of just one giant Ethics thread, there is a thread about Abortion and Bio-Ethics, or a thread about Absolute Ethics vs Relative Ethics, etc. This way people who may want to discuss moral and ethical dilemmas, but not abortion, can partake in the conversation without needing to skip pages of debate, etc.

What do you guys think? Does this idea and added purpose for the forum make sense?

Nice! I was surprised at how well the abortion debate held up.

I think it totally makes sense. :twothumbsup:

Teddy, can you please move the abortion posts into a new thread titled "Abortion"? Are you able to do that?
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

TeddyBlass wrote:What do you guys think? Does this idea and added purpose for the forum make sense?
Yeah, it's fine.

It's a good idea - I just wish more people were interested in corruption.

Cilogy wrote:Teddy, can you please move the abortion posts into a new thread titled "Abortion"? Are you able to do that?
I think I can do that. It might be tricky, but I think I can make it happen. Don't quote me on that.

TeddyBlass wrote:I think I can do that. It might be tricky, but I think I can make it happen. Don't quote me on that.
Thank you.

EDIT: Oops. :modesty:

Brilliant :-D. Like I said to Teddy, perhaps this'll give us all something to do during the draughts of Nolan related news, haha.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:Brilliant :-D. Like I said to Teddy, perhaps this'll give us all something to do during the draughts of Nolan related news, haha.

-Vader
Well, at least for those of us who aren't troll/spammers.