World Affairs & Philosophy

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Rohan wrote:I will never support Olympic games. I've always been against it mainly because they spend billions for the event while in reality in other nations kids are starving, people are getting killed, women are getting raped, sold for prostitution and stoned to death.

Olympics is a blasphemy. They can fix all those issues first and then can go play their games. Brazilians marching the streets are doing the right thing.
It's not just Olympic games that countries pour obscene amounts of money into that they could be spending elsewhere. To say the Olympics are blasphemy is just crazy. While these countries do spend billions on them, they also bring in billions into the economy and bring awareness to the type of issues that you spoke of. The Olympics could in fact be a great thing for some cities.

DoubleD wrote:
Rohan wrote:I will never support Olympic games. I've always been against it mainly because they spend billions for the event while in reality in other nations kids are starving, people are getting killed, women are getting raped, sold for prostitution and stoned to death.

Olympics is a blasphemy. They can fix all those issues first and then can go play their games. Brazilians marching the streets are doing the right thing.
It's not just Olympic games that countries pour obscene amounts of money into that they could be spending elsewhere. To say the Olympics are blasphemy is just crazy. While these countries do spend billions on them, they also bring in billions into the economy and bring awareness to the type of issues that you spoke of. The Olympics could in fact be a great thing for some cities.
The money goes back into the pockets of those who spend for Olympics. I wonder why Brazilians are protesting then? - I heard a girl, a student saying, I don't have money for college, tuition and books. But the country has money for Olympics. She is absolutely right.

Rohan wrote:
DoubleD wrote:

The money goes back into the pockets of those who spend for Olympics. I wonder why Brazilians are protesting then? - I heard a girl, a student saying, I don't have money for college, tuition and books. But the country has money for Olympics. She is absolutely right.
So in other words, she, and others want just want everything given to them. Makes sense.

:shock:

Dodd wrote:

:shock:
this video is like humanity jacking itself off