The Occupy Wall Street movement [a.k.a "American Fall"]

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
It's funny that what the whole movement is for changes from person to person. In some cases it's a general greed of corporations and those on wallstreet, for what seems like an endless fattening of their pocketbooks instead of expanding like they should be, etc. I dunno, it's interesting.

-Vader

The fact that people have come forward to express their opinion is in itself admirable. What they now need is to focus the protests, create a common manifesto [aims and proposals, etc] and ensure that the resistance remains non violent.

This is so much better than that Tea Party crap.

I don't like the fact that this is focused on Wall Street, it should be on both Wall Street as well as D.C. In fact, probably more so in D.C.

Yes, big banks messed us up and they should be held accountable for what they did, but the politicians allowed it. Years of deregulating and politicians being bought by corporations and Wall Street led to this.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Mayor Bloomberg wanted to come to shut down the movement, the excuse being that "they are allowed freedom of speech, but the park area needs to be cleaned". What did the Occupy people do? They cleaned it themselves.

I love these guys.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:Mayor Bloomberg wanted to come to shut down the movement, the excuse being that "they are allowed freedom of speech, but the park area needs to be cleaned". What did the Occupy people do? They cleaned it themselves.

I love these guys.
Exactly. It has been nothing but peaceful, but plenty of those white collar motherfucking pigs have tried to change that.

Elizabeth Warren - The Woman Who Knew Too Much: "G.E. doesn't pay any taxes and we are asking college kids to take on even more debt to get an education, and asking seniors to get by on less. These aren't just economic questions. These are moral questions."

Riots in Rome

Movement spread to other countries.