The killings in Norway

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Don't know if you guys have seen some news on this, but over 90 young people has been killed by a gunman on a two-hour rampage on a Norwegian Island. He also killed seven people in a massive explosion that targeted government buildings in the heart of Oslo - the capital.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europ ... index.html

It's rare we have any sort of killings or terror in Norway (one of the most peaceful countries in the world) so this is crazy. My heart goes out to all of them.
@sammyjankis88

This is crazy... Who the hell was that guy? :neutral:

I'm from Sweden so I really feel your pain, it sort of feels like we have been attacked too. Right now I'm just angry, how could somebody do this? They were just KIDS. Why?

It's scary that something like this can happen here. The world has changed. :/

Angier wrote:I'm from Sweden so I really feel your pain, it sort of feels like we have been attacked too. Right now I'm just angry, how could somebody do this? They were just KIDS. Why?

It's scary that something like this can happen here. The world has changed. :/
Yeah, I mean Norway and Sweden is almost the same thing. We follow drama when it happens in your country as well (actually was in Sweden when there was a bank robbery earlier this year. I was like 20 minutes away from that)

I know. And the brutality of it as well. He collected them in groups and said he was a policeman (he was dressed as one as well) and just gunned them down. 14-25 years old kids on a summercamp.. So cold and evil.

just the worst.
@sammyjankis88

So who put this guy to shoot these kids? I mean... what was the purpose?

I was shocked that something like this happened in Norway. Norway is such a peaceful country. It's really messed up what this guy did. They were just kids!

The alleged offender is a member of the John lodge St. Olaus TD Three pillars of the Norwegian Masonic Order. He has 3 degree status, where the peak is ten degrees. – We have no way to express an opinion on individuals or incidents related to any members, said spokesman of the Norwegian Freemasons order Helge Qvigstad told Dagbladet. On a Facebook profile appears to be 32-year-old Christian and politically conservative. As favorite books provide the man behind the profile including George Orwell’s “1984″ and Kafka’s “process”.

Hmmm... Apparently he'll be charged with only 21 years in jail for terrorism.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :| What fucking laws are in Norway to give a guy 85days of jail per life taken???????? :|

He will forever be incarcerated no doubt. The trial and sentence will be something unique and a media frenzy whenever that will take place.

But his methods...surpasses any movie or anyone in history:

He made a fertilizer bomb about 1 ton, detonated it outside the Labour party office in the capital where our Prime Minister works.
Following that, he then took the ferry over to Utoya Island, a small island where a Labour youth summer camp was taking place. At the time they were being oriented about the bombing in Oslo.
He dressed up as a cop and yelled out to the kids that they had to come his way. Of course they thought something was up and went towards him.
And when they were close enough, he opened fire with an automatic rifle. And went on an almost 2 hour! killing spree, walking slowly around executing. Lots of people just started swimming from the island and a few were picked up. No numbers yet on how many wounded.
And when the cops showed up..he surrendered without ANY DRAMA what so ever. He did not take the usual martyr way out.
So this guy, has deep political motives and is angry at this country's policies and carried immense hate for muslims.
A widespread ideology worldwide. But did anyone think anyone could take it THIS far? Attacking ones own countrymen?
No fkn way.

He is a right wing extremist, active the past years in online neo nazi discussions. But never gave any dangerous impressions, or gave any impressions he was planning anything what so ever. No threats were given either prior to these events.
Neighbors speak of him as very polite. He owned his own company that grew vegetables.
And a Deep Conservative Christian and a Freemason.
The world media of course treated it as "Al Quaeda" as the bomb went off. And still cling to it.
But here, the media are now starting to debate the extremist CHRISTIAN people around the world.

He has now appointed a lawyer for the interrogation, who wishes of course to remain anonymous.

Last edited by tykjen on July 23rd, 2011, 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

damn Neo-Nazi's

Even the majority of neo nazis are codemning this at their site where he hung out. Is that really all you have to say?
He is an extremist right wing CHRISTIAN! Did never give any strong neo nazi statements. He just hung out with a certain crowd that kinda liked thinking up insane scenarios like this.
There are no clear links between his acts, in context to the stuff he commented on.