Does anybody else feel the world is getting dumber?

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.

Every time I log onto Facebook.

Never has this thread been more valid lol

https://qz.com/891589/womensmarch-over- ... ent-trump/

It's not necessarily about women but about how everything needs to be a manifestation now or a riot or a march or whatever. You want cheaper milk as a citizen? Go protest in the street. Maybe that pressure will force them to lower the milk price. The point is people in general tend to believe that they can solve things by simply protesting. And they do it now apparently for everything.

To protest in 2017 for women's rights in general is a bit awkward to say the least... :eh: Last time I checked women get more and more recognition nowadays. It's not perfect and things could be improved but is it really necessary for this?

The LGBT movement I understand because they're still not officially recognized by society and that would be a major step for them.

But this?

Also, Trump prostests... most of them are not political and they're definitely not based on a reasonable foundation. They're just your typical idiotic "name and shame" gatherings. Ugh... :facepalm:

very curious to hear your thoughts on when it's the correct time for women to protest misogyny

RIFA wrote:

https://qz.com/891589/womensmarch-over- ... ent-trump/

It's not necessarily about women but about how everything needs to be a manifestation now or a riot or a march or whatever. You want cheaper milk as a citizen? Go protest in the street. Maybe that pressure will force them to lower the milk price. The point is people in general tend to believe that they can solve things by simply protesting. And they do it now apparently for everything.

To protest in 2017 for women's rights in general is a bit awkward to say the least... :eh: Last time I checked women get more and more recognition nowadays. It's not perfect and things could be improved but is it really necessary for this?

The LGBT movement I understand because they're still not officially recognized by society and that would be a major step for them.

But this?

Also, Trump prostests... most of them are not political and they're definitely not based on a reasonable foundation. They're just your typical idiotic "name and shame" gatherings. Ugh... :facepalm:
:blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: