Does anybody else feel the world is getting dumber?

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
AsianVersionOfET wrote:People have nothing better to do. That's all there is to it.
Thoughts on the album Hail to The Thief and Thom Yorke's opinion on Donald Trump?

You identify an injustice and you have the right to protest for the respect of your or someone else's human dignity, simple as that. Why protest? Because right now you still have the right to assemble and voice your dissent openly. It is also important to put pressure on those in power.As an observer you might think it might not solve anything but it is better than to just sit back and not do anything. If anything, people don't protest enough in the US.

See? Shit is so crazy, I'm actually agreeing with batfan on something.

Anyone here ever work retail?

I'm a manager where I work and it's not often you see it, but it's hilarious when an angry customer tries getting an employee in trouble when they (the customer) are in the wrong. I think I have like 6 years of some form of retail under my belt, and in all those years when I see someone that is like, "I'm going to speak to your manager about this", the employee has never gotten in trouble. I don't get where these customers get this idiotic idea that just because they are frustrated by the rules that someone is going to get into trouble...I've never seen a employee get in trouble that way and I'm guessing these customers never worked retail before or they'd actually see it the way it is lol.

Unless an employee cusses at you or attacks you verbally, nothing is going to happen at all.

PowerDump wrote:Anyone here ever work retail?

I'm a manager where I work and it's not often you see it, but it's hilarious when an angry customer tries getting an employee in trouble when they (the customer) are in the wrong. I think I have like 6 years of some form of retail under my belt, and in all those years when I see someone that is like, "I'm going to speak to your manager about this", the employee has never gotten in trouble. I don't get where these customers get this idiotic idea that just because they are frustrated by the rules that someone is going to get into trouble...I've never seen a employee get in trouble that way and I'm guessing these customers never worked retail before or they'd actually see it the way it is lol.

Unless an employee cusses at you or attacks you verbally, nothing is going to happen at all.
I worked in retail for several years, and everything you've said is true.
Hope you get out soon yo.

^^This is true.

Customers are often clueless.

Bacon wrote:

^^This is true.

Customers are often clueless.
What's sad is if you work it too long, you see just how people love to place the blame on something/someone else and don't take blame themselves. Lol yeah I need a new job, I've got some offers on Indeed but need something that is more up my alley.

Working retail never ceases to shock me at the way others live or speak to one another. I'm continuously amazed at some people's attitudes towards things (not trying to put myself above others, just saying I can tell a significant difference between the way I was raised or the way I've been brought up).

Political-Correctness attempts to squeeze the ability to think freely out of society.
Preach Ron, Preach.

Comments are disgusting.