2012 Presidential Election

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Jonas Agersø wrote:
BlairCo wrote: Election is over.
So is 90% of the films in the Entertainment forum. Should we lock those aswell?
Why you lurking my page brah?

Obama is way ahead in the popular vote now. Funny when Bush won in 04 (it was pretty close as well) he had a mandate to do whatever he wants. Of course Fox News is saying that isn't the case with Obama.
Say Girl

Both the 2000 election (GWB lost the non-binding popular vote) and 2004 election came down to one "swing" state, whichever one won Florida (2000) or Ohio (2004) and their many electoral votes would have been the winner, for example. Not so in 2008 or 2012. The margins thankfully aren't as close in the electoral college.

DoubleD wrote:I'm glad that people internationally take an interest in US politics, but I'm not quite sure you are aware of all the problems this Nation faces and why someone wouldn't vote for Obama.
He definitely gets an easy ride from most of the British population. I think he was definitely a better option than Romney but I can understand* (based on "theory" rather than actual practice) general ideas about why many people didn't vote for him.

*I would like to think that I can understand.

DoubleD wrote:I'm glad that people internationally take an interest in US politics, but I'm not quite sure you are aware of all the problems this Nation faces and why someone wouldn't vote for Obama.
This, exactly this! I really am astounded that so many people were willing to vote for him after the past four years. And no I am not a conservative in the slightest. Did I think Romney would be much better? No but there really were plenty of reasons why one would choose not to vote for Obama

BatMan528491 wrote:Image
I saw this a week ago and posted it on twitter :lol:

The best thing from this elections is this picture:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why you lurking my page brah?

Dodd wrote:The best thing from this elections is this picture:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:

such a joke
Say Girl

My friend took a math test and there was a bonus question that read: "Who won the 2012 Presidential Election?" and my friend put down "Satan." :lol: :lol: