Massive Earthquake hits Japan

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Also an after shock tsunami hits. 8.9 level quake

Just saw this on CNN... :silent:

It is probably too early to know but what are the initial reports saying? (Location, damage, wounded, and killed)

ibnlive.in.com/news/supermoon-next-week-may-cause-disaster-on-earth/145375-2.html
I think the supermoon has something to do with this.

JUSTIN time wrote:It is probably too early to know but what are the initial reports saying? (Location, damage, wounded, and killed)
Until now, it is reported that over 30 people died in that earthquake. The number is sure to rise they say.
Tsunami warning issued for at least 20 countries after quake

(CNN) -- The threat of a tsunami prompted the U.S. National Weather Service to issue a warning for at least 20 countries and numerous Pacific islands after an 8.9-magnitude earthquake struck Japan Friday.

The wide-ranging list includes Russia and Indonesia, Central American countries like Guatemala, El Salvador and Costa Rica and the U.S. state of Hawaii. The weather service's bulletin is intended "as advice to government agencies."
Full article: http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiap ... i.warning/

This could be disastrous. :facepalm:

This is bad. Just heard on the news over sixty people are confirmed dead, but I suspect more. Damn, this is terrible. :(

My thoughts go out to the people of Japan.

allstarr55js wrote:My thoughts go out to the people of Japan.
As do mine. Every country should get involved and help them out, and save as many people as possible from this devastating disaster.

Oh god, over 300 bodies have been discovered so far in the depths of the destruction. The waves and are just washing away the cars, the peopl and the buildings which it comes across. I feel terrible, I hope this stops.

:cry:

absolutely terrible disaster, my thoughts go to those people effected, the footage is shocking... devastating.

This is insane. They are still mising a passengertrain.
allstarr55js wrote:My thoughts go out to the people of Japan.
Mine too.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.