Whats going on in the middle East?

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
I have been buried in homework and studies. Can anyone tell me the short and skinny on what is going on over there. I don't trust CNN lol.
Why you lurking my page brah?

Not really a news watcher, I watch the Daily Show and the Colbert Report to get the gist of what's going on. And I sometimes watch Fox News because my dad watches it, but I know how they warp and twist everything so I'm not sure.

I think they want to overthrow the current dictator, one that America "sorta" likes since they (politicians) would rather have him then the Islamic brotherhood...or something like that. :lol:
I've seen news reports where the Egyptians want a democracy, and then I see news reports that Egyptians want to put Sharia law in effect. Not sure what to think.

I'm taking a class trip to Egypt in 2012, so hopefully this stuff blows over before then. :lol:

We can't trust the media, that's for sure.

Are there any Nolan fans in Egypt?

There's a revolution going on there. They want the current dictator and the system itself to go down. The so-called problem is that the opposition in Egypt is ruled by the islamic brotherhood. Seems that most of the people don't have nothing against that. Obama is desperate in order for U.S. to not lose Egypt like they lost Iran back a few decades ago.

The Iran leader said that the current revolution is an enormous help to create an Islamic Middle Orient...

Inceptic wrote:We can't trust the media, that's for sure.
I know, its irritating. I wish they would just report the facts and stop cluttering up everything with their opinions and emotions.

chee wrote:
Inceptic wrote:We can't trust the media, that's for sure.
I know, its irritating. I wish they would just report the facts and stop cluttering up everything with their opinions and emotions.
:clap: :clap:

Yeah, I always have that problem if I watch the news. You just never know what their agenda is.

solo2001 wrote:Yeah, I always have that problem if I watch the news. You just never know what their agenda is.
Fox News is the worst about this. They can't shut up and just report the facts. Both Megyn Kelly and Bill O'Reilly are obnoxious, constantly yelling and demeaning their guests. Don't want to even begin on the toddler that is Glenn Beck.

RIFA wrote:There's a revolution going on there. They want the current dictator and the system itself to go down. The so-called problem is that the opposition in Egypt is ruled by the islamic brotherhood. Seems that most of the people don't have nothing against that. Obama is desperate in order for U.S. to not lose Egypt like they lost Iran back a few decades ago.

The Iran leader said that the current revolution is an enormous help to create an Islamic Middle Orient...
^ This... the US and Uk to some extent need Egypt as its the most free thinking Islamic Country, but the problem is that the current leader has stayed for 2 terms which is the maximum there... and the people just want their vote... the bad thing is that the people who are getting involved are not really thinking properly... they just want a new leader... which in this case is an islamic brotherhood... it is very similar to the situation that happened in Iran in the late 70s... hopefully the same thing won't happen.