Do we really exist? Is the world we're living in real?

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
I think RIFA's trying to communicate, does anyone speak its language?

prince0gotham wrote:I think RIFA's trying to communicate, does anyone speak its language?
Oh, you again. Nice sarcasm smart-ass. Pity that I actually made myself understood.

PS: Evolution is a fact. I agree. But evolution contains both facts and theories because evolution is not clearly "explained". We don't have proofs for everything, we have a lot of assumptions, clues and personal beliefs of what happened at one certain point in time.

Not to mention that everything did not started with evolution. Before evolution there was something else. Something that started the evolution.

Like I said. Darwin didn't explain everything. Actually, he reached to a point where he didn't have any explanation at all. He even said, from that moment on, everything that happened before the known facts becomes a big theory. That's my point.

About the A-B-C-D steps. Let's say evolution has 4 steps: step A, step B, step C and step D. We have proofs of (let's say) the evolution involvement from step C to step D, from step B to step C but we don't have valid proofs of how evolution worked from step A to step B and so on. We only have, clues, assumptions and theories.
Last edited by RIFA on December 27th, 2010, 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Darwin didn't explain everything. Actually, he reached to a point where he didn't have any explanation at all. He even said, from that moment on, everything that happened before the known facts becomes a big theory. That's my point.
Ah, I get what you're saying now.

RIFA wrote:
Not to mention that everything did not started with evolution. Before evolution there was something else. Something that started the evolution.
Nothing ever started evolution, it always was and still is there.

But evolution contains both facts and theories because evolution is not clearly "explained". We don't have proofs for everything, we have a lot of assumptions, clues and personal beliefs of what happened at one certain point in time.
Exactly. We don't really observe evolution. We just provide a plausible explanation
prince0gotham wrote: Nothing ever started evolution, it always was and still is there.
There is an inception for everything.

Jackson wrote:
prince0gotham wrote: Nothing ever started evolution, it always was and still is there.
There is an inception for everything.
I dono if this is prince0gotham's exact point, but evolution is like math, no one created the idea that 1+1=2. Someone would have discovered it, but it's always existed as an abstract law of the universe.

Jackson wrote: There is an inception for everything.
Never thought weed could have such strange side-effects on people's reasoning skills.

The inception for evolution was life. Ever since there was life on planet earth, ever since it was just on celular level, the first amebas and so on, there was evolution too. The reason for it is simple. Survival through adapting to the environment. And this has been said multiple times here and it is also what common sense would tell you if you had such. Instead, you have an internet connection, a keyboard and wikipedia and you're just 'picking sides'.

Jackson wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote: Just by looking at our bodies compared to apes bodies it's clear that we are descendants from a similar if not the same ancestral species.
HAHA! That's what makes evolution a fact? :lol:

If we really came from apes why aren't apes turning or "evolving" into humans nowadays?
That line reminded me of this video:

solo2001 wrote: That line reminded me of this video:
Yeah, this was one of the funniest things Jackson said in this thread. Guess he doesn't get the concept of 'reason for evolution of some species'. I mean sharks and crocodiles and aligators have barely evolved through the millenias except for getting smaller and smaller. Other people say that it's not that they've gotten much smaller, it's just that the huge shark/crocodile species got extinct one way or the other. The point is there has to be a good reason for a specie to evolve even a BIT... and there has to be an even better goddamnfuckin reason for a specie to evolve into a dominant specie. And god knows whether that reason is a giant metal plate that fell from the sky, inspiring monkeys to use tools, or a change in climate that forced em to move out to another region and adapt there. It doesn't matter. Point is - evolution exists and species that haven't evolved much are far from a proof that evolution doesn't exist.

Exactly. We don't really observe evolution. We just provide a plausible explanation
Dude, between chee and I we've shown you three examples of evolution being observed today. Hers were very specific, mine was broad and if you research the Galapagos Islands you'll find several more examples of observable evolution. Give it up man.