Biden of America: The Return of the Democracy

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Now that Trumpocalypse continues to dim (and crash and burn) :angel: Biden's term has begun!

If y'all got any better Biden/famous movie title mashups let me know

Also, post here for any news on the new administration. USA Presidential Election is done now. Like for real.

Let's see. Democrats should play hardball now instead of talking about healing and unity.

I hope they get as much things done as possible in these two years where they have (a nipt) majority. And I hope the next election of Senators and Representatives of the house will increase the Dems position.

I hope he gets things done that actually improve people's lives and aren't just there to show how bipartisan he can be. Given Biden's track record, I should not have very high expectations. People need to apply pressure to this administration (and the corporate Dems in general) if they want to see lasting change. This is not the time to go back to sleep.

• *Requires states to adopt independent redistricting commissions
  • *Restrict efforts by states to place suppressive hurdles on voting and vote-by-mail.
  • *New disclosure requirements on lobbying and “dark money” spending.
  • *Requirement of presidents and vice presidents to disclose their tax returns.
https://www.democrats.senate.gov/imo/me ... _S.-11.pdf

NY Times - Biden’s 17 Executive Orders and Other Directives in Detail
The moves aim to strengthen protections for young immigrants, end construction of President Donald J. Trump’s border wall, end a travel ban and prioritize racial equity.

Politico - Trump labor board counsel fired after resisting Biden's call for resignation

Slate - Biden Has Already Fired Three of Trump’s Worst Appointees

Of course Trump had nothing. And if he had something, it would’ve been trash anyway. And the clueless and incompetent Pence was the head of the Covid-19 task force!

automatic voter registration; finally

weird to think passing such a bill (going to pass) in the senate never succeeded before or was never even attempted

wishful thinking they manage to make election day a national holiday?

They should not raise minimum wage, without first fully supporting the small businesses that are hurt during the pandemic and will be forced to suffer more as the result.

This will directly lead to significant job rate decline, otherwise. They better do it right or it's Democratic party's legacy on the line.

A minimum wage increase would be gradual and take more than a few years to reach $15/hour. That was baked into the past proposals that passed the Democratic House but died in the former Republican Senate.