Coronavirus Pandemic

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.

Ah shit, here we go again. The US shitting the bed has become the new normal.

My partner works at one of the biggest / most famous fine dining restaurants in Chicago and we heard early July for when they plan to reopen.

We just found out today she just got demoted from Private Dining Sales Manager to Reservations Manager at like a 45%ish reduction in pay since they can't afford to reopen with her, but they'll promote her back at presumably her usual salary when things reopen more. She will make less money employed than she would on unemployment, which was already a huge reduction in pay. She's gutted.

This is going to destroy our financial and moving plans for the next year. It's a good thing I own my own business and we've been doing okay, or we would be completely fucked. This is a shit day.

-Vader

fuck, man. i’m sorry to hear that. thinking about you guys

Instead of China Virus they should be calling it Radical Capitalism Virus. It was literally created by the preference for a certain market over the health of people, and it's now being furthered and get more complicated, because idiots like Trump just can't understand that public health is more important than the bloody economy.

Vader182 wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 4:36 pm
My partner works at one of the biggest / most famous fine dining restaurants in Chicago and we heard early July for when they plan to reopen.

We just found out today she just got demoted from Private Dining Sales Manager to Reservations Manager at like a 45%ish reduction in pay since they can't afford to reopen with her, but they'll promote her back at presumably her usual salary when things reopen more. She will make less money employed than she would on unemployment, which was already a huge reduction in pay. She's gutted.

This is going to destroy our financial and moving plans for the next year. It's a good thing I own my own business and we've been doing okay, or we would be completely fucked. This is a shit day.

-Vader
Sorry to hear this.

Vader stay strong. You guys are healthy and have each other, this will pass! 💪

Our new reality is this: the virus is here to stay, it will go up and down on a roller coaster with us. There's no quarantine left for any of us. The economy moves on but we must continue with: social distancing measures, washing hands on a regular basis and masks in closed environments. Oh and fingers crossed for a vaccine by fall/winter, which would be gigantic and unseen.

Meanwhile, Illinois had one of the most conservative reopening plans in the country and took a lot of heat for it by right-wing folks, and:

-Vader