Coronavirus Pandemic

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Allstar wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 10:52 pm
Peaceful protests are important (obviously) but how much Covid will spread with people not social distancing across every major city in the country? I feel this is a genuine concern people are not talking about.
You are right. I’ve stated my stance on my state, but I legit think all the damage done to the economy to try and save lives in any state where these protests are happening is going to be for nothing now.

I’ve seen a few people on Facebook complain about people going in public unless they absolutely have to and now they are encouraging peaceful protests in public. Oh the hypocrisy.

BobRoss08 wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 11:04 pm
Allstar wrote:
Peaceful protests are important (obviously) but how much Covid will spread with people not social distancing across every major city in the country? I feel this is a genuine concern people are not talking about.
You are right. I’ve stated my stance on my state, but I legit think all the damage done to the economy to try and save lives in any state where these protests are happening is going to be for nothing now.

I’ve seen a few people on Facebook complain about people going in public unless they absolutely have to and now they are encouraging peaceful protests in public. Oh the hypocrisy.
Especially in NYC of all places I’m particularly worried.

Allstar wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 11:23 pm
BobRoss08 wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 11:04 pm
Allstar wrote:

Especially in NYC of all places I’m particularly worried.
You’re absolutely right. I haven’t seen anyone mention these thoughts on my social media feeds.

A few of my friends have discussed this. They put more importance on the cause being protested over getting a positive COVID result. They will still wear masks however.

I'm afraid of hospitals and intubation and my parents are high risk so I'm staying home but will try to support however I can online.

That logic doesn’t really add up to me. Plenty will potentially die and the African American community is affected most by COVID-19. I realize it would hard to make an impact protesting in a socially distant way however. It’s a horrific situation and I’m speechless don’t know what else to say.

It's a valid concern. I've been trying to connect and check in with friends, and pretty much everyone has cited COVID as a concern, or as a reason they're not going to protest.

It's hard for me to use that as a judgement on people that feel compelled to protest tho. People are tired of living in fear every day of their fucking lives.

TeddyBlass wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 1:11 am
It's a valid concern. I've been trying to connect and check in with friends, and pretty much everyone has cited COVID as a concern, or as a reason they're not going to protest.

It's hard for me to use that as a judgement on people that feel compelled to protest tho. People are tired of living in fear every day of their fucking lives.
Why are people living in fear when it’s such a small percentage of cops that are the issue? I think people have been tuning into mainstream media way to much.

BobRoss08 wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 2:28 am
TeddyBlass wrote:

It's hard for me to use that as a judgement people that feel compelled to protest tho. People are tired of living in fear every day of their fucking lives.
Why are people living in fear when it’s such a small percentage of cops that are the issue? I think people have been tuning into mainstream media way to much.
If “such a small percentage of cops” manage to inflict such massive damage over the years upon black people (and to a lesser extent, other minorities), then people have every right to “live in fear”, and retaliate.

Please don’t with this mainstream media bad bullshit, no need to attempt to gaslight black people into thinking their issues aren’t as extreme as they are. This is embarrassing to read. Do better.

Ruth wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 3:00 am
BobRoss08 wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 2:28 am
TeddyBlass wrote:

If “such a small percentage of cops” manage to inflict such massive damage over the years upon black people (and to a lesser extent, other minorities), then people have every right to “live in fear”, and retaliate.

Please don’t with this mainstream media bad bullshit, no need to attempt to gaslight black people into thinking their issues aren’t as extreme as they are. This is embarrassing to read. Do better.
Says the person defending riots.

Please do not troll, bait, or run the topic off course.