Coronavirus Pandemic

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
I'm wondering when US will officially declare a lockdown. Everything is still open right now...

Not to get too personal, but my partner is currently panicking because the fine dining restaurant where she’s a sales manager isn’t closing and she’s terrified if she asks to work from home they will just fire her. She has to take packed train cars to get to and from work.

I imagine this exact dilemma is affecting millions of people. It’s bad out there. Our household has been stressed to say the least.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
March 15th, 2020, 1:33 pm
Not to get too personal, but my partner is currently panicking because the fine dining restaurant where she’s a sales manager isn’t closing and she’s terrified if she asks to work from home they will just fire her. She has to take packed train cars to get to and from work.

I imagine this exact dilemma is affecting millions of people. It’s bad out there. Our household has been stressed to say the least.

-Vader
Same, I'm supposed to do 45 minutes of train tomorrow morning to go to work.

Vader182 wrote:
March 15th, 2020, 1:33 pm

-Vader
That's very unfortunate. I hope you both are taking as much Vit C as possible, now that exposure seems unavoidable. For those of us with weak immune system, that could prove to be life saver in these times.

If people you know still insist on going out, show them the #HighRiskCovid19 hashtag on Twitter.

All these people want us to do is stay at home. Let's do that for them because they deserve to live life too.

update: Chicago just closed all restaurants for 2 weeks.

Now to see if we can survive living in the same space 24/7 for two weeks! I joke.

(lol mostly)

-Vader

14 minutes into quarantine and I’m already bored out of my mind

But tbh who am i kidding i already spend most of my life at home lol

Ruth wrote:
March 15th, 2020, 6:14 pm
14 minutes into quarantine and I’m already bored out of my mind
me rn

Libertarians on my FB feed are pissed that restaurants are closing and people are unemployed.

If only we had some solutions to ensure that people can still live comfortably during tough times like this. What can that be????? :think: :think:

If this pandemic doesn't make people realize how awful our current system in America is, nothing will.

Forum Pro
Law
it's in my town