Coronavirus Pandemic

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
our govt is literally incapable of tracking which intercity bus an infected person rode. we are so busted

Our country has just shut its borders for foreigners and every native who comes back needs to be quarantined. This is a good measure I guess but I fear it might cause even more xenophobia which with an already growing far right movement around the world is pretty scary.

In terms of schools, restaurants and shops closing, it's gonna happen in your countries most likely. We only have 90 CONFIRMED cases and it happened to us (grocery stores and pharmacies are the only ones that are open so don't go stockpiling on that toilet paper just yet, we have more than enough supplies :P ) but I'm not sure how long it can last and most experts seem to confirm it's not a sprint, it's a marathon. If this caries on till summer and past that, shops will need to reopen at some point, restaurants and cinemas as well. Or we will be in deep shit financially. What we need to do then is mostly self quarantine to minimize the risk, good hygiene and social distance when we go to work or public places. The last shouldn't be too difficult since lots of people don't want to go out anywhere until this blows over.

In terms of fun during self-quarantine I'm on a pandemic movie watching binge. So far I've seen: Outbreak and Contagion (obviously) but also World War Z, I Am Legend, Night of the Living Dead, Shaun of the Dead, The Thing, Invasion of the Body Snatchers and The Faculty. Netflix also has a new doc series called Pandemic. Any other recommendations?

LelekPL wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 1:15 pm
Me and my wife decided we won't be visiting our parents until April because they're the ones we're most afraid for at the moment.
Update on this. We have already cancelled family Easter and we won't be going to our friends' wedding late April. Our personal stay at home quarantine will definitely include April and we are mentally preparing for May and June as well. In that time we will go to work and grocery shopping but we will try to minimize the risk and contact, especially in terms of close friends and family.

I'm fully expecting April and May lockdown as well... And hopefully start of a clearance in June.

So all schools will be closed

and tomorrow evening the prime minister will speak to the country

if that won't be a lockdown then I don't know what

also people in Belgium are hosting lockdown parties omg lol

Nomis wrote:
March 15th, 2020, 11:38 am

people in Belgium are hosting lockdown parties omg lol
These people :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
They are the same all over the world. All the doctors and nurses of the world can say that people have to stay home, you'll still find them saying they won't yield in front of coronavirus. In America, more guns have been sold due to coronavirus :facepalm: :facepalm:
I don't understand much about what's going on, I don't like staying home for two months, I don't know much about medicine, but when I see the situation in Italy, when I hear the scientists say everyone should stay home, I kinda know what I should try to do.

legit saw an insta story of an acquaintance hosting a party and captioning their stories with “no corona vibes in this party 😜” lmao we truly are our worst enemies

Craziest shit I've read:

where do i exit this episode of black mirror.

Trump and Johnson and all those other idiots are showing their colors even more than usual jeez

imo idk why the prime minister of my country doesn't hold a press conference tonight to speak to the country, I'd rather we go into quarantine today tbh but I guess they need a little more time for that...

Nomis wrote:
March 15th, 2020, 12:24 pm
Trump and Johnson and all those other idiots are showing their colors even more than usual jeez

imo idk why the prime minister of my country doesn't hold a press conference tonight to speak to the country, I'd rather we go into quarantine today tbh but I guess they need a little more time for that...
Because our "prime minister" is a pussyboi fuk lol