Coronavirus Pandemic

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
March 13th, 2020, 11:07 pm
bad math as it will reach a peak and then taper off. again with the fear mongering
This again and again.

Here experts expect the epidemic to peak only in June to August though, which means a lot more people will get infected

I'm hearing all time numbers before the peak could be as high as 400k...so yeah we have lots more days of this. May, June, July... Who knows about the peak for EU, US.

Are y'all doing fine as of yet tho?

tbh all of us in self quarantine should probably start a discord movie club or something

Meanwhile, I still have to go to work. There are no cases in my city yet and I would like it to remain like that but... I don’t want to go to work lol.

Stay the hell away from older people and children particularly. God knows how many of us are carrying it without knowing.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
March 14th, 2020, 11:56 am
Meanwhile, I still have to go to work. There are no cases in my city yet and I would like it to remain like that but... I don’t want to go to work lol.
Exactly. I'm a manager at a retail shop that sells used music, video games, and movies. I don't exactly feel comfortable being there (in the same shopping center as a Publix), even though I feel fine. An 80 year old came in yesterday with a limited ability to stand to buy some DVD's and I felt like I was a criminal for ringing her up and handing her a receipt.

So there's going to be another consultation by the government tomorrow as to whether or not the lower and high-school schools are going to close. It will probably happen but man, not that I have kids but it's going to be a pickle for working parents

Dudes... I am SO CLOSE to Northern Italy and affraid this will all come to us in a matter of week/two. Our health system is NOT ready. At all.