Coronavirus Pandemic

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
CNN - Biden set to announce he's moving deadline for all US adults to be eligible for Covid vaccine to April 19

Worldometer - Coronavirus - United States

Brazil coronavirus: Record 4,000 daily deaths reported as Bolsonaro shrugs off criticism he is 'genocidal' - CNN
"They called me homophobic, racist, fascist, a torturer and now... what is it now? Now I am... someone who kills a lot of people? Genocidal. Now, I'm genocidal," he said to supporters outside the Presidential Palace in Brasilia on Tuesday evening, according to video posted on YouTube.

Several of Bolsonaro's political opponents have accused him of "genocide," using the term loosely to characterize the consequences of his Covid-19 response.

"What am I not blamed for here in Brazil?" Bolsonaro asked rhetorically in the video.
This guy is and has always been a piece of ****.

Wall Street Journal - Brazil’s Military Chiefs Quit as Covid-19 Pandemic Pressures Government (March 30, 2021)

Monopolist Gates is sad. We're at war with the virus, and war profiteering cannot be an obstacle to its global defeat.

Miami Herald - Younger patients causing Florida to have among the highest COVID hospital rates in country

NY Magazine - The Families Torn Apart By Vaccine Politics
Lex was surprised by her sister’s intense reaction, even though she says her sister is “on the edge” of QAnon and “will say things like, ‘Masks are perpetuating human trafficking.’” Lex doesn’t anticipate making up with her sister anytime soon. “I can’t negotiate with someone who seems unwell and unable to have a rational conversation.”
“The thing that’s so ironic about it is that she thinks there’s some global elite trying to control us through the vaccine. But she won’t log off of Facebook, which we all know collects all of our data and uses it against us all the time.”
Your cell phone and facebook, you fools. Which is exactly where they are getting misinformed.

These are the states with the highest and lowest vaccination rates - CNN

The differences are largely because young people and Republicans have shown the highest levels of vaccine hesitancy, according to a CNN poll conducted by SSRS in late April. Further, those without a four-year college degree were more likely to say they will not seek out a vaccine, the CNN poll found.