Coronavirus Pandemic

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Demoph wrote:
April 29th, 2020, 7:30 am
So, yeah for seven weeks, I've worked with the same efficiency from home, but my company has decided that I should still come back before June 15th. Considering I must take public transports for 40 minutes each way, that I live with my family, that it won't make my work better, I'm pretty angry/scared. Frankly, I thought it was an easy decision to let people whose work is not affected by quarantine stay home until the situation was completely safe in like September, but what do I know?
I can already see it from here, I'm going to catch the thing in the subway, have mild symptoms, my parents will have it more violently, but they don't work for the company so why care ?
Is there anyone you can talk to at your company so that you can continue working from home?

Can't certify for unemployment benefits because a claim associated with my information doesn't exist but I can't file a new claim because a claim associated with my information exists.

Which is it?

Schrodinger's claim

Demoph wrote:
So, yeah for seven weeks, I've worked with the same efficiency from home, but my company has decided that I should still come back before June 15th. Considering I must take public transports for 40 minutes each way, that I live with my family, that it won't make my work better, I'm pretty angry/scared. Frankly, I thought it was an easy decision to let people whose work is not affected by quarantine stay home until the situation was completely safe in like September, but what do I know?
I can already see it from here, I'm going to catch the thing in the subway, have mild symptoms, my parents will have it more violently, but they don't work for the company so why care ?
This is the exact situation I'll be in when things re-open since I'm immunocompromised and my partner will be taking the train. The only other option is for me to wake up at 6 every day and drive her to and from work or pay for her to uber in the mornings.

Feel for you man, get as much hand sanitizer and as many masks as you can.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
April 30th, 2020, 2:00 pm
Demoph wrote:
This is the exact situation I'll be in when things re-open since I'm immunocompromised and my partner will be taking the train. The only other option is for me to wake up at 6 every day and drive her to and from work or pay for her to uber in the mornings.

Feel for you man, get as much hand sanitizer and as many masks as you can.

-Vader
Thanks, hope everything will be ok for you.
Artemis wrote:
April 30th, 2020, 11:39 am
Is there anyone you can talk to at your company so that you can continue working from home?
I'll try. I'll write to HR and my manager, but in the end it's the company that decides.

Three new cases here today. All time low since March.

I really wish Tenet would just be delayed. It is baffling to me Nolan is being this stubborn. It hurts because I won’t be seeing it in July if it comes out, I can’t risk it, my area is one of the worst hit parts in the country and I have people in my life that are high risk. It would be selfish of me to go. I’m disappointed in Nolan, I know he wants to help theaters but at what cost? It’s very disappointing. Still time to do the right thing, I hope they do. Movies and theaters are not more important than life, there’s no excuse/defense here.

Gotta say I'm also a little disappointed in Nolan. Often times it seems like he has a keen sense of the industry and public perception. Thought he would be one of the first people in this situation to suggest moving the film.