Coronavirus Pandemic

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
This thing is dying like a goddamned seasonal flu it will become come winter 2020, only seven new cases today here and dropping or peaking in most countries now.

So

could Kim Jong-un really be dead?

Hope he suffered.

Texas is opening back up this week. There are guidelines like only 25% capacity at businesses and what not but I don't see this ending well.

We haven't even reached the peak yet and many local government employees are being told to work from home until June at least.

It's a dumb decision. I'm still going to stay home.

Artemis wrote:
April 27th, 2020, 8:49 pm
Texas is opening back up this week. There are guidelines like only 25% capacity at businesses and what not but I don't see this ending well.

We haven't even reached the peak yet and many local government employees are being told to work from home until June at least.

It's a dumb decision. I'm still going to stay home.
The downfalls of living in a red state.

At least all the eugenicists will go outside and they might catch it and finally shut the fuck up about sacrificing the weak to save the economy.

Sacrifice no one. Implement UBI and give money to small businesses. That's how it should be.

Who even are those Farquaad's who say 'some of you may die but that is a sacrifice I am willing to make' like lol stfu and gtfo

So, yeah for seven weeks, I've worked with the same efficiency from home, but my company has decided that I should still come back before June 15th. Considering I must take public transports for 40 minutes each way, that I live with my family, that it won't make my work better, I'm pretty angry/scared. Frankly, I thought it was an easy decision to let people whose work is not affected by quarantine stay home until the situation was completely safe in like September, but what do I know?
I can already see it from here, I'm going to catch the thing in the subway, have mild symptoms, my parents will have it more violently, but they don't work for the company so why care ?