Coronavirus Pandemic

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Conspiracy theories are China is underreporting the number of cases and taking drastic measures to limit the infection.

i’m legit sad they just cancelled eurovision this year lol :cry:

:cry:

can't they do webcam eurovision?

Artemis wrote:
March 18th, 2020, 10:20 am
can't they do webcam eurovision?
this boggles my mind. they could have literally just shown us video clips of each entry, or have every participant pre-film their final performances in their respective countries and then just stream them and have people vote

it’s literally how votes are announced like......why. this isn’t a sports event

this could have been that necessary bit of (safe) fun for all of us in europe, and i know a lot of people hate eurovision but idc

it seems that the organizers of eurovision are not... visionary

People with Type A blood are significantly more likely to catch coronavirus than those with Type O, Chinese academics have found.

The study in Wuhan - the epicentre of the disease - also found those with Type A blood are more likely to die from COVID-19.

DailyMail

In the general population Type O blood (34%) is more common than A (32%). However, among COVID-19 patients, people with Type O accounted for just 25%, whereas Type A made up 41%.

People with Type O blood made up a quarter (25 per cent) of deaths in the research. Normally, Type O people make up 32 per cent of people in Wuhan.

The controversial correlation has yet to be scrutinised by other academics in peer review and the researchers are unable to explain why infection varies by blood type.

This is the most dangerous and worrisome thing humanity has experienced since WWII, and my mental health is certainly taking a beating (not something I normally struggle with).

My father is a USPS worker, so I'm worrying everyday bc everyday that he goes to work is another day where he's exposed and another day my mother and I become exposed.

Also a solid handful of cases in Alabama are students under the age of 25 (mainly high school and a few middle school students).