DADDY BIDEN WON: USA Presidential Election Trump v. Biden (2020)

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.

Who is going to win the 2020 Presidential Election? real talk

Poll ended at October 29th, 2020, 10:44 am

Trump/Pence
21%
Biden/Harris
79%

Total votes: 28

Demoph wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 2:46 pm
prince0gotham wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 1:23 pm
this joy was almost worth the 4 years of desolation and despair
Not really, no.
mmyeah

LelekPL wrote:
November 4th, 2020, 3:22 am
Believe me I really didn't want to be saying "I told you so" today but it was like the elections from 4 years ago haven't taught you anything. I kept saying he's gonna win even though I kept hoping he wouldn't but I knew not to listen to the polls. A lot of people who voted for Trump don't want to admit it to poll takers as they know it is not the "popular" vote. They might not even like his behavior but they will support his stance on taxes and economy and at the end of the day, this is the main reason why people vote. Economy >>> social issues for the average voter and for a lot of them less taxes means good. They don't even care about how it is distributed at the end of the day, they just know that less is good.
LOL

Eating crow has never felt so good. I still think in a more logical world this should have been a landslide for Biden but this is good enough. The racist, anti-progress, anti-science politicians should never be voted into office despite what short term economical benefits they promise.

It's a shame it's not someone more progressive than Biden but at least we got Trump out of the office and it just means a more stable leader of the world's largest army and superpower. Stability and going back to more pro-science stance is always a step into right direction despite some of the Biden's shortcomings. I hope this is also a sign that the world will slowly going away from conservatism, and hopefully Poland will follow suit. Though I fear it will come back stronger and more vile.

Still, for now, I'll leave you with Ding Dong the witch is dead!

obviously to be posted again after inauguration day lol

People keep saying that this was a narrow victory.

Dude, the fella ran against an incumbent president and will win by 5-7 million more votes. Electoral college is a bunch of misleading crap but Biden is going to win that too with a considerable margin.

Won two Red states that hadn't vote democrat for a long time. Came close in a few others. It was an impressive victory by any standard.
Last edited by Master Virgo on November 7th, 2020, 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Really happy about this. What a moment of relief. Yeah, SCOTUS is there with several very pro-Trump judges and technically it’s not over *over* yet, but realistically it’s over. What I’ve been seeing most say all day, and the days before, is that Trump has little to no chance of keeping his presidency via courts. As of now, I honestly do believe it.

Once again, being excited and feeling relieved doesn’t mean Biden+Harris are perfect. We could spend some more days going back and forth over their flaws whether of character or policies, but once again. For just how terrible the last 4 years were, this is a step in the right direction. Work isn’t over for Americans. And I do believe it’ll be infinitely better to have a dialogue with Biden administration for he is an actual fucking human being who has capacity of empathizing with others. That can go a very long way in politics. As for what will happen 4 years later, who the fuck knows. Best not to obsess over it yet.

Anyway. I’m super bummed I spent all these days obsessing over CNN and managed to miss out on *the* moment the votes came in and the final projection came in. But yeah. Congrats Murica! Y’all have elected two human beings into office. And I bet Putin isn’t popping any champagne bottles too.

:lol:

Ruth wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 3:45 pm
Congrats Murica! Y’all have elected two human beings into office.
Yep. Though I hope Americans don't get too overly patriotic about Kamala being the first female vice-president. To say that America was way overdue and behind a lot of countries is really putting it mildly and it's not really something they should be proud of.

Ruth wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 3:45 pm
Once again, being excited and feeling relieved doesn’t mean Biden+Harris are perfect.
This might not be perfect but what is is having Jim Carrey become a series regular on SNL. I thought he was great as Joe thus far ;)

Now that Biden has won the election it's time to stop pretending he's got some great political platform and people have to oppose his right-wing policies and his deranged need to rehabilitate Republicans like John Kasich. Push Biden towards the left from day one and that means today, not tomorrow, not on 20 January 2021. If his cabinet is one that Mitch McConnell agrees with it's going to be pretty terrible. The Dems are insanely incompetent when it comes to wielding political power and they almost blew it, since they not only did not take the Senate but also lost seats in the House...because they did not care to tie Trump to the Republican Party. That is at best supreme incompetence and at worst complicity in the right-wing's corporate agenda and now there's a 6 to 3 conservative Supreme Court. You got 5 minutes to celebrate the end of the fascist clown in office but now it's time to go back to work and that means the left-wing part of the Democratic base needs to support candidates to the left of the corporate Dems and it means fighting the centre-left and centre-right wings of the party who are all too happy to reach bipartisan consensus with Republicans on garbage legislative deals.

One of my favorite things about this election was how collectively horny the internet was for the CNN crew