DADDY BIDEN WON: USA Presidential Election Trump v. Biden (2020)

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.

Who is going to win the 2020 Presidential Election? real talk

Poll ended at October 29th, 2020, 10:44 am

Trump/Pence
21%
Biden/Harris
79%

Total votes: 28

Lmao

Quinnipiac University - July 15, 2020 - Biden Widens Lead Over Trump To 15 Points In Presidential Race, Quinnipiac University National Poll Finds; Trump Job Approval Rating Drops To 36 Percent
As coronavirus cases surge and states rollback re-openings, former Vice President Joe Biden opens up his biggest lead this year over President Donald Trump in the race for the White House. Registered voters back Biden over Trump 52 - 37 percent, according to a Quinnipiac University national poll released today. This compares to a June 18th national poll when Biden led Trump 49 - 41 percent. Since March, Biden's lead had ranged from 8 to 11 percentage points.

NBC News - Biden opens up 11-point national lead over Trump in NBC News/WSJ poll
The presumptive Democratic nominee has a 51-40 percent lead, while 72 percent say the U.S. is on wrong track.

FiveThirtyEight - Who’s ahead in the national polls? (other polls, including by those rated lower than B+)

The bigger the margin of victory, the more Senate seats flip (the Senate is currently controlled by Republican Mitch McConnell). A Biden victory needs Congressional Democratic allies to get things done and the Republican Senators are roadblocks.

New York Times - Trump Demotes Brad Parscale, His Campaign Manager, and Elevates Bill Stepien
The replacement of Mr. Parscale with Mr. Stepien, who had served as deputy campaign manager, comes as the president has struggled in public and private polling.

I hate polls that say Biden is winning/winning by a lot. They’re meaningless. Fool me once shame on you...fool me twice...

Hey, remember when Hillary was absolutely 100% sure winning? Yeah... But hear this fucker out, president elected:

Clinton was barely leading the polls before the election. People just weren’t paying attention perhaps. 2018’s national polls were pretty accurate too at the end.

https://www.aapor.org/Education-Resourc ... e-U-S.aspx
National polls were generally correct and accurate by historical standards. National polls were among the most accurate in estimating the popular vote since 1936. Collectively, they indicated that Clinton had about a 3 percentage point lead, and they were basically correct; she ultimately won the popular vote by 2 percentage points. Furthermore, the strong performance of national polls did not, as some have suggested, result from two large errors canceling (under-estimation of Trump support in heavily working class white states and over-estimation of his support in liberal-leaning states with sizable Hispanic populations).
Just because a 2 percent popular vote lead didn’t translate into an electoral college win in 2016 doesn’t mean that polls are inaccurate; it means if Biden is only leading by 1 to 4 points (by running up the score in California and other ‘gimme’ states) he could still lose to Trump in the electoral vote in the end because the election isn’t being held today and running up the vote in certain states doesn't contribute to winning elsewhere.

Poll numbers are all well and good but here's how the Dems might still lose the election if they're not careful:
a) the pandemic means a lot of people might not want to risk getting the virus while standing in line to vote and hence might stay home
b) Republicans are good at voter suppression
c) general low turnout due to lack of enthusiasm over a flawed candidate in key states

I want Biden to win but don't let the polling lull you into a false sense of security. People need to actually vote for him and not just say that they will.

People should mail vote early if they can! That's what I did earlier this year for the first time during the primary. My state even has a website that shows you that they accepted or rejected your ballot envelope after you mail it in.

A down side is it takes longer to scan and count the paper ballots...especially with record turnout. California has taken weeks to count its votes in the past and now many other populous states are also taking weeks to count all the votes.