DADDY BIDEN WON: USA Presidential Election Trump v. Biden (2020)

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.

Who is going to win the 2020 Presidential Election? real talk

Poll ended at October 29th, 2020, 10:44 am

Trump/Pence
21%
Biden/Harris
79%

Total votes: 28

The right-wingers and centrists in the Democratic Party are definitely flexing their muscles now. But that also leaves them open to pretty easy criticism: like, how do you not ask someone like Ilhan Omar to speak at the DNC if you are constantly talking about inclusion and diversity and you have a Muslim Conresswoman in your party but you're asking people like Colin Powell and John Kasich to speak instead? I know why: because people like Ilhan Omar also happen to be pretty anti-corporate.
The Democratic Party is a dinosaur that despises its base which is to the left of most Democratic politicians on most issues.

Vote for Biden but be under no illusions: they only promised you 'not Trump' so that's all you're going to get and they'll be happy to ignore you or fight you if you ask for anything more than that once the election is over.

Joe Biden Reacts To Pelosi's Comments On Debating With Trump | Andrea Mitchell | MSNBC

Biden: Trump Keeps Pouring 'Gasoline On The Fire' Of Violence | Andrea Mitchell | MSNBC

address starts at 4:45

TV Line - Ratings: RNC Ends on High Note, With Cable Numbers (Including a Huge Surge Among Young Adults) Added In
That said, across the 13 aforementioned cable and broadcast channels, the RNC Night 4 audience fell just shy of the DNC’s own closing night (which drew 24.6 million). Similarly, Democratic nominee Joe Biden’s Night 4 nomination acceptance speech outdrew President Donald Trump’s, 23.6 million viewers to 21.6 million.
Last edited by MagnarTheGreat on August 31st, 2020, 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trump is the president of the loud minority, not silent majority - CNNPolitics

That and 54% of participating voters didn't pick him in 2016 - what has he done to reverse that by changing people's minds? Nothing.

The problem was 89% of that 54% chose Clinton in 2016 and 11% of that 54% chose somebody else which allowed Trump to win the electoral college. Across the states of Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin Trump had a margin lead of 0.06% (77,744 votes) of the total votes cast in the entire election. If he didn't in those three states, Clinton would've won the electoral college and thus the presidency.
Last edited by MagnarTheGreat on August 29th, 2020, 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I worry about the impact of the various voter suppression tactics used by Republicans and about them messing with the US Post Office. I really hope Democratic turnout can overcome those obstacles. The Dems should be making more noise about the Post office in general but in light of recent developments it's clear that Trump is trying to mess with the election and give himself an excuse in any case if he loses so that he will try to question the legitimacy of the outcome if it does not favour him.

People in Europe and other countries where authoritarian and totalitarian regimes have arisen in the 20th century have seen this kind of movie before and it's the ugliest there is so the time for countering these underhanded voter suppression tactics is now.

Reuters - Biden: 'I'm looking forward to debating the President'
"What I'd love to have is a crawler at the bottom of the screen, a fact checker, you know, when we speak. if we really wanted to do something. I think that would make a great, great debate..." Biden said.

It's good to know that murder is not the only crime Trump wants his supporters to commit to help him.

Jake Tapper: CNN has obtained a 3 September 2020 document from the DHS Office of Intelligence and Analysis:

“Russia Likely to Continue Seeking to Undermine Faith in US Electoral Process…