DADDY BIDEN WON: USA Presidential Election Trump v. Biden (2020)

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.

Who is going to win the 2020 Presidential Election? real talk

Poll ended at October 29th, 2020, 10:44 am

Trump/Pence
21%
Biden/Harris
79%

Total votes: 28

“You ain’t black”

The Daily Beast - ‘Wise Guy’ Biden Apologizes for ‘You Ain’t Black’ Gaffe
“I should not have been so cavalier. I’ve never, never, ever taken the African-American community for granted,” Biden said on a call with the Black Chamber of Commerce. “I shouldn’t have been such a wise guy.”

Associated Press - Biden campaign names national voter protection director

Axios - AFL-CIO endorses Joe Biden for president

CNN - Biden blasts Trump for mocking face masks

The Hill - Biden hopes to pick VP by Aug. 1
“We’re in the process of deciding the basic cut – about whether or not they really want it,” Biden said. “Are they comfortable? They’ve asked a lot of questions.”
“I think that I need somebody who in fact is simpatico with me, both in terms of personality as well as substance,” he said. “That means they don’t have to agree with me on everything, but they have to have the same basic approach to how we handle the economy and how we handle everything.”

“I want to make sure that … whoever I have, has some qualities that I don’t possess, as well as is willing to, in fact, tell me the truth, but also do it in a way that is between the two of us between her and me so that they can, in fact, be completely candid with me, because I want to have people around me that have strengths and capacities I don’t,” Biden added.

NBC News - Opinion | Trump's scapegoating of Asian Americans is an affront to all Americans
By Joe Biden and Sen. Tammy Duckworth

The Week - Biden points out he was warning about pandemic unpreparedness in October while Trump tweeted about iPhones

it’s got to be Harris, right?

Warren is too valuable elsewhere, and most of the other names probably aren’t big enough

Forum Pro
Law
I went back in the thread and haven't found any debate on Biden's sexual assault allegations. I know a lot of people are for the #metoo movement, calling out any person (usually men) who have either sexually assaulted or harassment a woman in their lifetime. What are your guys thought's on Biden being accused of it? One sexual predator in office, and one sexual predator trying to get him out of office.

https://time.com/5831100/joe-biden-tara ... llegation/

What Tara Reade has said..
“It’s been really excruciating coming forward about Joe Biden. He was my boss, and I really liked him, and I liked what he represented,” Reade says. “When that sexual assault happened, it was devastating. I mean, he was like my father’s age. He was my boss. And I felt, for some reason when it happened, at that time, because of what he said to me, I felt somehow I brought it on.”
As the Democratic presidential race was getting underway in the spring of 2019, Reade was one of eight women who came forward in quick succession to allege that Biden had touched them inappropriately, made them feel uncomfortable, or invaded their personal space in the past. (Those complaints included allegations that Biden kissed them on the back of the head, rubbed noses, or hugged them “just a little bit too long.”)
I mean, 8 women have come against him. Is it me or is it just being ignored at this point?

Moulton/Reade/McCabe's probably just another Larry Sinclair, changed her story multiple times, and she's under investigation for misrepresenting her own background in court proceedings. The far left 'activists' on Twitter posing as journalists plucked her out of obscurity to try to knock Biden out of the contest for Sanders. It failed.

ABC News - Under oath, Biden accuser Tara Reade cited Biden’s work for women; defense attorneys now question her other testimony
Associated Press - Biden accuser's life marred by abuse and financial hardship
Associated Press - Former Senate staffer accuses Joe Biden of sexual assault
Associated Press - Prominent lawyer, Trump donor representing Biden accuser
Axios - Biden accuser Tara Reade dropped as client by lawyer
Blogspot - Scammer's Nightmare: Tara Reade: Legacy of Lies (Part One Background)
Buzzfeed - Joe Biden's Senate Staff Recall Disconnect With Tara Reade
CNN - Obama team fully vetted Biden in 2008 and found no hint of former aide's allegation (opinion)
CNN - Tara Reade: A complicated life and conflicting accounts muddle efforts to understand allegation against Joe Biden
Good Times - Watsonville Nonprofit Owner Says She Was Scammed by Tara Reade
Medium - Biden Accuser, Tara Reade, Allegedly Stole from Non-Profit Organization
Medium - Contradictory Timeline of Tara Reade’s Allegations of Sexual Assault
Medium - Evidence Casts Doubt on Tara Reade’s Sexual Assault Allegations of Joe Biden
Medium - Newly Obtained Tara Reade Court Documents Reveal Further Contradictions in Her Story
Medium - Tara Reade’s Possible Russian Connections Outlined
Monterey County Weekly - A longtime expert witness in Monterey County domestic violence trials, Tara Reade is now best known for accusing Joe Biden of sexually assaulting her.
Monterey County Weekly - Convictions could be challenged as defense attorneys question Tara Reade’s credentials.
Monterey County Weekly - Former YWCA employees say they were persecuted for being white and non-religious.
Monterey County Weekly - Tara Reade: a timeline of her Monterey County connections
NBC News - Biden accuser Tara Reade 'not sure' what complaint she claims was filed with Senate says
NBC News - Woman broadens claims against Biden to include sexual assault
New York Daily News - Questioning Tara Reade’s story doesn’t make one a rape apologist
New York Magazine - New Reporting Increases Doubts on Allegation Against Biden
PBS NewsHour - What 74 former Biden staffers think about Tara Reade’s allegations
Politico - ‘Manipulative, deceitful, user’: Tara Reade left a trail of aggrieved acquaintances
Politico - California DA launches investigation into Tara Reade testimony

Politico - Defense lawyers look to reopen cases where Tara Reade testified as an expert
Quillette - Tara Reade's Dubious Claims and Shifting Stories Show the Limits of #BelieveWomen
The Nation - The Troublesome Tara Reade Story
The Nation - We Should Take Women’s Accusations Seriously. But Tara Reade’s Fall Short.

The New York Times - As Tara Reade’s Expert Witness Credentials Are Questioned, So Are Verdicts
The New York Times - Examining an Allegation Against Joe Biden
The New York Times - Examining Tara Reade’s Sexual Assault Allegation Against Joe Biden
The New York Times - Tara Reade's Tumultuous Journey to the 2020 Campaign
The Washington Post - As her lawyer quits, Biden accuser Tara Reade’s credibility is challenged by lawyers whose clients she testified against as an expert witness
The Washington Post - Tara Reade's Biden allegation: Sexual assault claim by former Senate aide emerges in campaign, draws denial

USA Today - Sexual assault claim against Biden makes me skeptical: Ex-prosecutor
Vox - The agonizing story of Tara Reade and her sexual assault allegation against Joe Biden
Joe Biden personal responses:
Medium - Statement by Vice President Joe Biden
Medium - Statement by Vice President Joe Biden on the Trump Administration Rule to Undermine Title IX and Campus Safety

MSNBC - Full Interview: Biden Denies Sexual Assault Allegation From Tara Reade

Forum Pro
Law
I clicked a few of those links. It would appear she doesn't fall into the "believe all women" movement and "believe survivors" category?

Out of all the articles this was my biggest takeaway as of why;
Last week, this theater of the absurd got slightly more surreal when a prominent feminist wrote in the New York Times that she thinks Biden is a rapist, but will vote for him anyway. Linda Hirshman, a retired professor of women’s studies and philosophy, and a prolific author (most recently of Reckoning: The Epic Battle Against Sexual Abuse and Harassment), explained to Times readers that she believes Reade, but also believes that “the cost of dismissing Tara Reade—and, worse, weakening the voices of future survivors” is justified on purely utilitarian grounds, since (as she sees it) Trump is the greater evil
Also,

America Shouldn't Tolerate 'Biden Being Biden'

https://time.com/3713264/joe-biden-step ... ulder-rub/
The phrase “boys will be boys” has been used historically to excuse bad behavior by men with a shrug instead of with punishment. But in 2015, things should be different. We don’t allow bosses to rub their secretaries’ shoulders, smell their hair, or look them up and down and exclaim “holy mackerel!” all things Biden has done to daughters and wives of people with much less power than he has.

That this goes on in front of all of us, and few criticize it, is shameful. It might be hard for the families of these girls and women to stand up to the vice president. It shouldn’t be as hard for the rest of us.
From a 2015 article, and a lot has changed since then.

Joe Biden is now the presumptive Democratic nominee for President, having won >50% of the delegates for the Democratic party nominating process.

An open convention fight sure would have sucked if nobody received >50%. We're beyond those days.

Final election results: (Year: Democratic candidate popular vote lead, total electoral votes)
2016: Clinton +2.1, 227 EVs after faithless electors
2012: Obama +3.9, 332 EVs
2008: Obama +7.3, 365 EVs

Now let's hope to god that Biden doesn't majorly fuck this up.