DADDY BIDEN WON: USA Presidential Election Trump v. Biden (2020)

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.

Who is going to win the 2020 Presidential Election? real talk

Poll ended at October 29th, 2020, 10:44 am

Trump/Pence
21%
Biden/Harris
79%

Total votes: 28

Cilogy wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 7:54 pm
LelekPL wrote:
November 4th, 2020, 3:22 am
They don't even care about how it is distributed at the end of the day, they just know that less is good.
It's honestly the best way to conquer people. Make them conquer themselves and convince them they're better off.

People are desperate and they've turned to contrarianism as a coping mechanism. Electing Biden is great, but like how do you even fix this mentality?
It might be because Biden could cooperate more, not just cooperating Democrats with the Republicans (who I still hope will not end up with a senate majority*) but also in the Democratic party. There are still a lot of different beliefs going on in that party too.

*I believe that one of the biggest issues with Obama's terms were that at the end the Republicans said that their success would be thwarting everything the Obama administration wanted to get done. I mean, that sort of thinking and that sort of policy is wrong in and on itself. Of course, it sounds like I would say the same when I hope the Democrats still end up with the (slim) majority in the Senate but I can still see Biden wanting to cooperate with the Republicans then and not just outright saying 'they're wrong and we won't listen to them' that sort of attitude would never succeed in the long term. Or better said, it would only contribute to the dividing of the country.

I still believe it would be best for the US to have many years of Democratic cabinets and majorities of Democrats in both the house and the Senate but I know that is a pipe dream. There are still and I think there will always be so many Republicans, so many republican voting Americans who gruwel at the idea of healthcare for all, who honestly think that's the way of communism and the likes. I mean, I don't think you'd ever get those ideas out of peoples heads.

Best road forward would imo be a strong economy, Trump proclaimed the US economy doing well last year was his doing but I'm pretty sure those were still the effect of Obamas course. (correct me if I'm wrong tho lol)

I hope the next two months and a half will end with Trump sodding off and the majority of the republicans not standing behind him anymore or at least not discrediting the American democracy, that would only hurt the nation and the world.

Sorry for the wall of text y'all :angel:

Since Eisenhower, obviously.

I did expect the infighting to start soon between the anti-Trump camp, but not like a day after Biden winning the election. Jesus Christ.

wat u mean bruh

This sums up what's going on pretty well

Master Virgo wrote:
November 8th, 2020, 11:40 am
I did expect the infighting to start soon between the anti-Trump camp, but not like a day after Biden winning the election. Jesus Christ.
What do you mean start? It never stopped. It just didn't receive much attention in last 4 years.

Master Virgo wrote:
November 8th, 2020, 11:40 am
It's always been going on. And this should not be the main topic of conversation when the most powerful leader in the world is refusing to concede and threatening to go to the Supreme Court to overturn half a million votes.

I find it funny how the corporate Dems who lost like 1000 seats under Obama and who often run as Republican-lite and then generally lose those elections want to school the progressives who are winning their races about how to win elections. In the Democratic primaries the democratic base supported Medicare for All in the exit polls. How about the Democrats actually listen to the base for a change instead of pretending they're all idiots and fight for their positions? The mainstream Democratic Party is corporate garbage and deserves to be primaried as soon as possible. They're out there already reaching out to the Republicans. The latter are mainly constituted of alt-right, ignorant, racist, pro-Confederate, Q-Anon loving bigots. The fact that they make up half the voting population is in itself a crisis of American society. Reaching out to those people does not achieve anything and serves only to brush aside the injustices these people happily supported just to own the libs. But the Dems would rather forgive those people than fight for a more left-wing agenda. Trash.

Batfan175 wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 4:06 pm
Now that Biden has won the election it's time to stop pretending he's got some great political platform and people have to oppose his right-wing policies and his deranged need to rehabilitate Republicans like John Kasich. Push Biden towards the left from day one and that means today, not tomorrow, not on 20 January 2021. If his cabinet is one that Mitch McConnell agrees with it's going to be pretty terrible. The Dems are insanely incompetent when it comes to wielding political power and they almost blew it, since they not only did not take the Senate but also lost seats in the House...because they did not care to tie Trump to the Republican Party. That is at best supreme incompetence and at worst complicity in the right-wing's corporate agenda and now there's a 6 to 3 conservative Supreme Court. You got 5 minutes to celebrate the end of the fascist clown in office but now it's time to go back to work and that means the left-wing part of the Democratic base needs to support candidates to the left of the corporate Dems and it means fighting the centre-left and centre-right wings of the party who are all too happy to reach bipartisan consensus with Republicans on garbage legislative deals.
Dude, there're already talks that Biden winning is a return to normalcy. I am extremely skeptical people will push Biden or Harris to the left, so many will be fine with Biden admin continuing injustices and inhumanities as long it’s not visibly terrible. That’s the risk of voting it makes you feel like you are doing something every two or four years.If that’s all you focus on and sit back after election night it can have a depoliticizing effect hence why over-emphasis on voting is not very productive. Also, I don’t think Americans know how to have accountability, a lot of people are confusing information like I am going to be informed with what the Biden administration are doing wrong with accountability.