DADDY BIDEN WON: USA Presidential Election Trump v. Biden (2020)

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.

Who is going to win the 2020 Presidential Election? real talk

Poll ended at October 29th, 2020, 10:44 am

Trump/Pence
21%
Biden/Harris
79%

Total votes: 28

Pratham wrote:
November 5th, 2020, 9:54 am
DHOPW42 wrote:
November 5th, 2020, 7:43 am
Vader182 wrote:
November 5th, 2020, 7:09 am
i cannot imagine how terrible it must be to be so involved in the dumb fuck wad foreign politics of our election and i apologize to you outside the states for it

-Vader
I can only speak for myself, but I always felt that the US elections had - or could have - worlwide repercussions, so me and people around me were always following the elections, even if we didn't fully grasp the characters of the nominees - hell, I'm not sure I fully grasp our own politicians...

For example, conservative voters in my country, especially those supporting the government at the moment, think just like Trump voters, and they look up to Trump for this reason. Our government never misses an opportunity to congratulate "Mr. Trump" on something that he did. It's all connected.
And it is amplified by social media algorithms so talking points in trumposphere reach another continent in a flash.

There's literally no reason for me to get Jordan Peterson or Ben Shapiro videos after watching Bill Burr standup. Yet I do.
OT but here's a great thing on this subject if anyone's into this

Tom Scott is GOAT

So Georgia is going to come with more results in an hour if Biden wins there he has won the election. He is less than 20,000 votes behind on Trump as of now.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Georgia is very close, and democrats are relaying messages on Twitter to ask people who voted by mail to make sure as soon as possible that their vote has been taken into account.

Here's my doom and gloom prediction.

Even after we have moved past all of Trump's nonsense, if we ever will that is, the taste of this victory will soon be forgotten.

Biden will never unite America. Before long he will be hated from both sides. With McConnell in charge, he won't be able to touch the supreme court, he'll get very little done about climate change or police reform, and in the absence of a Trump on the other side, he will struggle both in 2022 and 2024.

Correct. Dems have their heads up their asses and will continue to do so. It's shameful that this wasn't a clean sweep even after 4 years of shitshow.

Master Virgo wrote:
November 5th, 2020, 11:19 am
Here's my doom and gloom prediction.

Even after we have moved past all of Trump's nonsense, if we ever will that is, the taste of this victory will soon be forgotten.

Biden will never unite America. Before long he will be hated from both sides. With McConnell in charge, he won't be able to touch the supreme court, he'll get very little done about climate change or police reform, and in the absence of a Trump on the other side, he will struggle both in 2022 and 2024.
Hard to imagine Biden changing much about Wall Street, the environment and gun control when Obama also completely failed there.
He's at least going to do more than Trump about climate change (hard to do less), but I don't imagine for one second he'll do as much as needed.

29k ballots blocked from counting in Alleghany county due to legal challenge
it's on

Yeah I don’t even think this is some shocking revelation. I assume most who are actively strongly rooting for a Biden win right now do realize things are likely not going to be easy at all.

But for someone so imperfect as Biden is, with McConnell still in charge, even someone like Bernie would not have been able to do much. Neither would have Warren, too. And neither would AOC, when/if she runs. And I say that as her big stan. With a republican senate, any democrate president will run straight into a wall, and that’s less of a gloomy prediction, than sad truth.

But I doubt just submitting yourself to despair is a good idea, anyway. Whatever happens, simply having a STABLE and intelligent spokesperson for a president is so much better than a narcissistic wannabe mad king. Just that alone has more chances of doing better in foreign politics, for example.