DADDY BIDEN WON: USA Presidential Election Trump v. Biden (2020)

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.

Who is going to win the 2020 Presidential Election? real talk

Poll ended at October 29th, 2020, 10:44 am

Trump/Pence
21%
Biden/Harris
79%

Total votes: 28

good

GOOD.

I want to see him on the porch of the white house face down.

Firstly, I am not American but some of my extended Palestinian family live in Michigan. All of them do not like Biden but they voted for him and everyone on the democratic ticket not because they believed in those people but because it gives them room to fight. What I mean by that is with the Trump administration they shrunken the space for the Palestinian struggle. Trump passed an executive order in December 2019 basically equating anti-zionist activism to anti-semitism that made it that you can be prosecuted under title VI for protesting, even teaching at universities about Israel’s occupation, colonization, and apartheid system can get you criminalized. There is a lot more that the Trump administration have done to marginalize the Palestinian struggle globally. They’re not voting for someone that represents them but voting for someone who gives them a little breathing room so they can manoeuvre to fight. Voting is an important tool but it doesn’t mean you’re changing the system.

Secondly, Biden barely eking out a victory is actually pretty pathetic considering that he and the democratic party were handed the perfect situation in the middle of the pandemic to support popular polices that would help people. Instead Biden opt out of pushing for universal health care, his policy on policing in a year of constant protest has been atrocious and he ignored the latino communities policies' concerns in order to garner white moderate republican support. He barely had any policy beyond Trump. Ultimately, it seems like the democratic party lost a number of house seats, they will not flip the senate, and Trump got more republican votes than he did in 2016. Maybe some of the blame should be directed at how undemocratic the system is but the democratic party deserve a lot of blame here. Maybe they should stop putting forward neoliberal war criminals who offer nothing to the people and run on empty platitudes. Other than liberals, I doubt many care about the ‘soul of america’; what are you going to do that will improve their livelihood. The democratic party like to think of themselves as the party of resistance but in actuality the disagreement between them and the republicans aren’t significant enough.

This is quite true at the moment :D

am glad i got some sleep because nothing really happened through the night but now just saw on cnn in georgia biden’s only 18k behind. and they have some 75k absentee ballots left to count :lol: georgia is flipping :clap:

this is important since biden is only 69k ahead in arizona, so trump slowly got a bit closer. but then again, biden is likely taking pennsylvania as well.

i cannot imagine how terrible it must be to be so involved in the dumb fuck wad foreign politics of our election and i apologize to you outside the states for it

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
November 5th, 2020, 7:09 am
i cannot imagine how terrible it must be to be so involved in the dumb fuck wad foreign politics of our election and i apologize to you outside the states for it

-Vader
I can only speak for myself, but I always felt that the US elections had - or could have - worlwide repercussions, so me and people around me were always following the elections, even if we didn't fully grasp the characters of the nominees - hell, I'm not sure I fully grasp our own politicians...

For example, conservative voters in my country, especially those supporting the government at the moment, think just like Trump voters, and they look up to Trump for this reason. Our government never misses an opportunity to congratulate "Mr. Trump" on something that he did. It's all connected.

Next year'll be fun too when Merkel steps down

gulp

Can't imagine how it is for you US folks. This is too stressful.

DHOPW42 wrote:
November 5th, 2020, 7:43 am
Vader182 wrote:
November 5th, 2020, 7:09 am

-Vader
I can only speak for myself, but I always felt that the US elections had - or could have - worlwide repercussions, so me and people around me were always following the elections, even if we didn't fully grasp the characters of the nominees - hell, I'm not sure I fully grasp our own politicians...

For example, conservative voters in my country, especially those supporting the government at the moment, think just like Trump voters, and they look up to Trump for this reason. Our government never misses an opportunity to congratulate "Mr. Trump" on something that he did. It's all connected.
And it is amplified by social media algorithms so talking points in trumposphere reach another continent in a flash.

There's literally no reason for me to get Jordan Peterson or Ben Shapiro videos after watching Bill Burr standup. Yet I do.