DADDY BIDEN WON: USA Presidential Election Trump v. Biden (2020)

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.

Who is going to win the 2020 Presidential Election? real talk

Poll ended at October 29th, 2020, 10:44 am

Trump/Pence
21%
Biden/Harris
79%

Total votes: 28

Demoph wrote:
September 19th, 2020, 3:14 pm
X-MementoMori-X wrote:
September 19th, 2020, 2:08 pm
As a european I'm all in for Trump :) America first was the best thing to happen for the rest of the world (well except maybe China).
F**ing the environment is so great! Soon we'll have eternal Summer in Europe! Of course, people will die when turning 60 because it will be impossible to survive the Summer, except by migrating from one hemisphere to the other every six months, like birds, but who cares ?
1. I don't really care about climate change. We have enough problems in the here and now. Caring about hot summers in future is such a white privilege thing. If you have no problems in present, of course you can care about what happens in 2100.

2. Trump is at least honest. While other leaders pretend to care about climate change. Merkel is meeting with Greta, throwing climate change activists some small bites and after that business as usual.

@Dobson
A Biden term would mean aggressive foreign policy. More regime changes, coups and wars. No thanks.

shit i didn't know i am white

guess i won't be probed if i someday travel to usa then right?

X-MementoMori-X wrote:
September 19th, 2020, 5:45 pm
1. I don't really care about climate change. We have enough problems in the here and now. Caring about hot summers in future is such a white privilege thing. If you have no problems in present, of course you can care about what happens in 2100.

2. Trump is at least honest. While other leaders pretend to care about climate change. Merkel is meeting with Greta, throwing climate change activists some small bites and after that business as usual.

@Dobson
A Biden term would mean aggressive foreign policy. More regime changes, coups and wars. No thanks.
And you, as a German, are so threatened by US foreign policy, right...?

I don't want to settle the whole Trump argument here (no one could settle it in the past 4 years), but these are some weird points you are making. How is climate change a white privilege thing? What does that even mean? If we accept the basic assumptions of climate change, then extreme weather phenomena such as monsoons and hurricanes are usually affecting the "least white" areas of Earth, which leads to agricultural problems in those areas (e.g. flooding and severe weather destroying crops, access to clean water, etc.). Climate change will affect the most vulnerable parts of the globe, which are usually not inhabited by people priviliged to be white... If you say you don't believe climate change is that big of a threat, that's another question, I can accept that (I mean, I can accept it as an argument that demands another discussion).

Second, the "Trump is at least honest" cliché is one of the most idiotic things to have emerged back when he was campaigning. His supporters were all about "he speaks his mind" and all this crap, but didn't almost all respectful media outlets point out that Trump, in fact, is as dishonest about his life, his achievements and his intentions as you could get? You could say that his rivals are dishonest as well, which would be the same as saying that politicians don't always tell the truth. Yeah, no shit. But saying that Trump is honest compared to his rivals is very, very stupid. Trump is a pathological liar, either because he is that cunning, or because he needs medical help. But... no, he isn't honest.

DHOPW42 wrote:
September 20th, 2020, 6:32 am
X-MementoMori-X wrote:

@Dobson

I don't want to settle the whole Trump argument here (no one could settle it in the past 4 years), but these are some weird points you are making. How is climate change a white privilege thing? What does that even mean? If we accept the basic assumptions of climate change, then extreme weather phenomena such as monsoons and hurricanes are usually affecting the "least white" areas of Earth, which leads to agricultural problems in those areas (e.g. flooding and severe weather destroying crops, access to clean water, etc.). Climate change will affect the most vulnerable parts of the globe, which are usually not inhabited by people priviliged to be white... If you say you don't believe climate change is that big of a threat, that's another question, I can accept that (I mean, I can accept it as an argument that demands another discussion).

Second, the "Trump is at least honest" cliché is one of the most idiotic things to have emerged back when he was campaigning. His supporters were all about "he speaks his mind" and all this crap, but didn't almost all respectful media outlets point out that Trump, in fact, is as dishonest about his life, his achievements and his intentions as you could get? You could say that his rivals are dishonest as well, which would be the same as saying that politicians don't always tell the truth. Yeah, no shit. But saying that Trump is honest compared to his rivals is very, very stupid. Trump is a pathological liar, either because he is that cunning, or because he needs medical help. But... no, he isn't honest.
So you tried to use reason to answer that post? That's brave but foolish.

The point about foreign policy is also completely wrong by the way. German's (and EU) hardships with Russia are linked with Trump giving them no help with NATO, which results in Putin taking geopolitical control of Bielorussia these last weeks by backing Loukachenko, in exchange of his renewed loyalty.
Also, Biden if elected, will make Brexit much more complicated for Johnson, which wouldn't be a shame, since Johnson's strategy is to lie to all his partners and hope that they will have no choice but to stay partner because America has his back.
Also Trump organizing no coup? I wonder what happened in Venezuela if not your usual American's attempt of making a coup in South America to reinforce capitalism, as the USA do every twenty years... Not that I am a fan of Maduro's government though.

friendly reminder to keep discussions civil

DHOPW42 wrote:
September 20th, 2020, 6:32 am
X-MementoMori-X wrote:

@Dobson

Yes as a german or european we are one of the first ones to feel the us foreign policy. The refugee crisis 2015 originated from the us driven destabilisation of the middle east beginning with the Iraq invasion 2003 (No Saddam = no force to stop islamic terrorism). Obama continued that with supporting islamic rebels against Assad (Syria) and Gaddafi (Libya).

I do believe that climate change is a threat. But as for now there are way more important topics. In the western hemisphere you have to be privileged, to think that climate change is the biggest political issue. More important than wage, taxes, rent etc.

I meant Trump is honest with the climate change issue. He doesn't give a fvck. I prefer that over pretending that you care. Thinking that other leaders do something effectively against climate change only because they say so, is just naive.

fuck civility in these discussions. fuck this sick twisted idea that people need to be these kind and polite teachers to the alt righters and “convince” them to change their views to see them as human. they prey on this, if you’re kind they’ll fuck you into submission, if you’re not - you’re a triggered snowflake libtard. you’re “g****o trash”. you’re a feminazi. you’re a bartender who has no place in politics.

i literally do not have the energy to argue this topic right now. but if you think climate change is white privilege you’re the daftest cunt out there i am not even sorry for how fucking stupid you are. climate change denial is the white privilege. it’s the rich privilege while the poor, and mostly non white, people suffer by losing everything. climate change means people not having drinking water while billionaires fuck around with their private jets creating more waste and carbon footprint than a poor person ever would in a year. climate change means a person in california or oregon losing their homes because rich twats love gender reveal parties and climate change makes these fires harder and harder to seize. to say you’d rather someone unapologetically openly not care about something than *attempt to care in whatever flawed way* is the epitome of not only being a piece of shit, but white privilege because you can AFFORD to discuss this as a matter of opinion difference rather than a state of emergency

the irony of it all is a european supporting trump. it’s a phenomenon i’ll never get over because it is so hilarious to me. i see it all the time. i guess some people just love being cucked. be it trump or putin. on the contrary of what you believe, you’re the epitome of a beta cuck. you’re not a “free thinker”, you’re not even just like a regular blind sheep you so love to make fun of, you’re one who’d willingly cut their eyes out and eat shit and be proud of it for your cult leader(s).

Ruth wrote:
September 20th, 2020, 7:37 am
fuck civility in these discussions. fuck this sick twisted idea that people need to be these kind and polite teachers to the alt righters and “convince” them to change their views to see them as human. they prey on this, if you’re kind they’ll fuck you into submission, if you’re not - you’re a triggered snowflake libtard. you’re “g****o trash”. you’re a feminazi. you’re a bartender who has no place in politics.

i literally do not have the energy to argue this topic right now. but if you think climate change is white privilege you’re the daftest cunt out there i am not even sorry for how fucking stupid you are. climate change denial is the white privilege. it’s the rich privilege while the poor, and mostly non white, people suffer by losing everything. climate change means people not having drinking water while billionaires fuck around with their private jets creating more waste and carbon footprint than a poor person ever would in a year. climate change means a person in california or oregon losing their homes because rich twats love gender reveal parties and climate change makes these fires harder and harder to seize. to say you’d rather someone unapologetically openly not care about something than *attempt to care in whatever flawed way* is the epitome of not only being a piece of shit, but white privilege because you can AFFORD to discuss this as a matter of opinion difference rather than a state of emergency

the irony of it all is a european supporting trump. it’s a phenomenon i’ll never get over because it is so hilarious to me. i see it all the time. i guess some people just love being cucked. be it trump or putin. on the contrary of what you believe, you’re the epitome of a beta cuck. you’re not a “free thinker”, you’re not even just like a regular blind sheep you so love to make fun of, you’re one who’d willingly cut their eyes out and eat shit and be proud of it for your cult leader(s).
:lol: Get some tea and chill out. I'm not a alt righter. I'm left wing (a working class leftie, not a progressive privileged liberal who is obsessed with race, gender & climate change). And I don't support Trump. From my foreigner perspective he is just the lesser evil.

I sense some very strong black and white worldview here.

first of all, stop tone policing me. second of all, “i don’t support trump” - “i’m all in for trump”. great logic bro.

also. for the people in the back. trump does not give a rat’s ass about the working class. He wouldn’t piss on poor people, even the white ones, even if they were on fire. and i know people in europe sometimes like to pretend like racism doesn’t exist here and brown people in america are sort of expendable in this “oopsie” way, but even putting the horrible racist “it doesn’t affect me” idea aside, poor white people are not very high on trump’s priority list. he’s not on your side. never was, never will.

btw. i’m a foreigner. i’m european. and i live in a country which would suffer greatly if putin got free reign to do whatever he wants, which it honestly kinda seems like he was granted to do so via his pawns (belarus) or other big eu countries just pretending not to see and firmly patting everyone on the wrist. so don’t school me on black and white perspectives :thumbup:

Ruth 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥