DADDY BIDEN WON: USA Presidential Election Trump v. Biden (2020)

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.

Who is going to win the 2020 Presidential Election? real talk

Poll ended at October 29th, 2020, 10:44 am

Trump/Pence
21%
Biden/Harris
79%

Total votes: 28

Progressives failed to rally behind Warren who had a better chance at winning some of the centrist votes compared to Sanders. This is on them for making the wrong choice.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 947795002/

honestly i’m so fucking bamboozled by this. young people have been so incredibly vocal for the last 4 years and it stopped feeling like this was only a “vocal minority” a long time ago. yet they STILL couldn’t up their butts and VOTE. Why the fuck would you do that??? What are people waiting to happen to finally force them out of this hibernation and make them act? i know voter apathy is real everywhere but good lord people. I’m in the camp of literally anyone but Trump, but Biden has no chance. Trump will ridicule the fuck out of him and he won’t have a comeback ready, and people will eat it up. And you’ll (and the world by proxy) get another 4 years. What happens during or after those 4 more years idk! Hopefully an alien invasion to put us out of our misery

My friend just told me this: I mean real talk if someone is going to skip a vote this year it means they are comfortable enough with Donald trump that they’re not really the “broke college student “ they’re pretending to be

this really applies here - “if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor”

people really have no right to whine or cry about whatever trump has done or will do if he’s reelected if they choose to, for whatever reasons, not vote. i understand defeatism, but only to a certain degree. there’s only so long until you can’t hide behind that excuse anymore. people complaining about long lines could’ve easily voted by mail or found places that were open for voting earlier than the very last day. i do not understand this type of thinking. and who would have thought that activism and supporting your candidates would be harder than just rambling on twitter

obligatory am not american, but legit a little angry at this. bernie was the best bet for actual positive change for everyone

these fucking people

I hope Bloomberg fucks the fuck off soon and I have no idea why on Earth Warren still thinks she has a shot at getting the nomination

I mean I'm not American either but Sanders is already a blessing to the country and if people want change and for it to go in an actual good direction then they should elect Sanders.

If Bloomberg fucks off it's only more votes for Biden. He's doing Sanders a favour by staying in the race.

Even Sanders/Warren combined don't have as many votes as Bloomberg and Biden.

Ruth wrote:
March 4th, 2020, 9:01 am
this really applies here - “if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor”

people really have no right to whine or cry about whatever trump has done or will do if he’s reelected if they choose to, for whatever reasons, not vote. i understand defeatism, but only to a certain degree. there’s only so long until you can’t hide behind that excuse anymore. people complaining about long lines could’ve easily voted by mail or found places that were open for voting earlier than the very last day. i do not understand this type of thinking. and who would have thought that activism and supporting your candidates would be harder than just rambling on twitter

obligatory am not american, but legit a little angry at this. bernie was the best bet for actual positive change for everyone
Many think there vote is meaningless if they live in a state that always goes one color. There’s no doubt the electoral college discourages certain people to vote.
Master Virgo wrote:
March 4th, 2020, 7:03 am
Progressives failed to rally behind Warren who had a better chance at winning some of the centrist votes compared to Sanders. This is on them for making the wrong choice.
Not so sure Warren had a better chance with centrists than Sanders. She couldn’t manage more votes than Sanders and Biden in her own state and that speaks to something far more than her ideas and/or sexism involved. Warren hurt Bernie badly by staying in the race...would it have made a difference in closer states to change the outcome for Bernie? It’s possible. Sanders really lost because he could not get the black vote where Biden crushed it. You can’t win this party without the black vote.

lol when Warren drops out, will at least she endorse Sanders? lol