Sexual Abuse in Hollywood

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Sorry for being a downer but I don't think this will accomplish anything. Everyone expected more names to come out but the focus is still on wankshitstain. I'd be more optimistic if other predators were named by victims.

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
Pratham wrote:Sorry for being a downer but I don't think this will accomplish anything. Everyone expected more names to come out but the focus is still on wankshitstain. I'd be more optimistic if other predators were named by victims.
Except more names are coming out. There's the Amazon guy, the Screen Junkies guy, an agent who worked with child actors, some director, a major fashion photographer, a celebrity chef, and some NBC news reporter. All of those names have come out since Weinstein. Hell even Bush Sr. had to apologize for groping someone. It's just not all Hollywood right now.

Mantis Toboggan wrote:
Pratham wrote:Sorry for being a downer but I don't think this will accomplish anything. Everyone expected more names to come out but the focus is still on wankshitstain. I'd be more optimistic if other predators were named by victims.
Except more names are coming out. There's the Amazon guy, the Screen Junkies guy, an agent who worked with child actors, some director, a major fashion photographer, a celebrity chef, and some NBC news reporter. All of those names have come out since Weinstein. Hell even Bush Sr. had to apologize for groping someone. It's just not all Hollywood right now.
Terry Richardson is similar to Weinstein, I'll give you that. Right down to being open secret and H-Wood pretending not to notice.

And except for Bush, rest are all small fishes tbh.
:ninja: :ninja:

Bacon wrote:
Cilogy wrote:http://movieweb.com/amp/corey-feldman-t ... hile-ring/

RIP to Bryan Singer and Kevin Spacey's careers
So is he actually going to name who's involved in this or is he just raising money for a movie project?

More details:

Not sound selfish, but if this is true and if this is as bad as it sounds, he needs to get help/protection asap and get the names out there to stop this as fast as possible.
There are already people criticizing him.
1. If he "just goes to the police", he'll most likely get sued - thus, he'd still need crowd funding, to battle it, and he'd definitely gather less money than for making a movie, which will cost significantly less than 10 million. I assume most of that money will go to legal.
2. "Why not naming people now?" First, of all, he already did that in his book. Nobody listened. Second of all, what proof does he have? I mean, he's not a cute actress with an immaculate background. He's a troubled star, easily discredited. Especially if he names somebody like Bryan Singer or Kevin Spacey who have LOTS more fans than him. The public opinion would try to defend them, because they like them. A movie format would be able to gather evidence and present them to an audience, thus increasing his believability.

I hope he gets the money. I hope that all the celebrities who were "shocked" by Harvey Weinstein will now help him gather the funds.

Naturally, there is a chance he's just trying to get some money from people for whatever reason, but I think I trust him on this. Or more correctly, I don't trust Hollywood in this department.

All this made me think about a completely hypothetical scenario:
What would you do with the website if, say Chris Nolan was named as one of those monsters. Of course, he won't, he wasn't even in the business back then and he seems like a great guy in addition to being a great filmmaker. I don't want to even bring his name into this mess, but it's a question more about us, as fans, and he's the best example since he's most likely our collective favorite: Would you be able to condemn your favorite filmmaker or star if you learned something horrible like that about him? Would you be able to believe the accuser and keep your bias in check?

Pratham wrote:
Mantis Toboggan wrote:
Terry Richardson is similar to Weinstein, I'll give you that. Right down to being open secret and H-Wood pretending not to notice.

And except for Bush, rest are all small fishes tbh.
:ninja: :ninja:
the fish size doesnt matter, the point is that this didn't go away after weinstein, people are finally coming forward all over and the problem is being discussed more openly. #metoo didnt pop up on your fb?

Pratham, so by this logic people should just shut up because nothing can ever be accomplished and there will always be even worse guys to tackle? This situation is revealing a huge wound of our whole society (the whole fucking world) - people are scared to talk. I feel like the more everyone talks about the current offenders, the faster the "glass" will fill up eventually - someone will gather enough courage, snap and then more names will drop. It's never going to happen overnight - this problem is too deep and too old for it, but if people aren't ready to talk today, they might be tomorrow. What's been happening is already big imo.

sorry about being idealistic pessimist.

Presented without comment:

That was a good way to handle it.