Sexual Abuse in Hollywood

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
I just wish producers would stop funding his movies. That's how he gets the chance to win awards all the time.

I've seen a lot of gross people defending him on social media over the past few weeks and it's like how can anyone even defend that?

I've actually grown to hate the "I'm able to separate the art from the artist" bullshit

Like, its not a fucking superpower. It’s ignorance and ugly rationalization. You're not fucking special.

It is a complicated issue because people are not perfect and neither are artists. With something as heinous and obvious as Polanski who was actually sentenced for pedophile rape it's pretty easy to cancel him. Or at least it should have been.

But what about domestic abuse? Do we cancel Depp or Heard because of it? Or how about allegations? I know lots of people who don't care about that Neverland doc and still love Jackson. I'm not sure where I stand on that case. How about racist comments and Mel Gibson? Do we cancel him or at some point we welcome him back?

It's a shitty situation to be in if you were a fan of any of those people. And now you gotta realise that 99% of people can be a piece of shit at some point in their life. Reese Witherspoon acted like an idiot. Bale was a jackass. It's probably true of everybody in show business.

We have to cut people slack because nobody is perfect and there'd be nobody to watch on screen but where is the line?

I guess it's the individual's decision to choose who to eventually forgive and who to don't give a fuck about anymore. In my case, I'm willing to come to this conclusion - the most heinous perpetrators should go to prison, obviously, but once they're released there's no sense in me petitioning or protesting since I'm too far removed from the situation to know any better. I might forgive them if I like their work or I might just not care about them anymore. I think that's the most sensible approach to it. Just make your own decision and let other people make theirs. Either let it go or don't give a fuck.

Separating art and artist is one thing. Allowing people with bad record in a position of power and influence is quite another. You love some scummy dead poets works or you admire or enjoy some Kevin Spacey's previous performances, who am I to say you shouldn't. But someone like Polanski should not be trusted to hold the position of successful director or producer again.

In case of Allen, the publisher has every right not to want to publish his book for whatever reason. They had a good relationship with Ronan Farrow, they don't want that to be smeared. It's their choice to pick a side that is more beneficial to them.

Weinstein sentenced to 23 years in prison today.

A just sentence for a change.

Harvey Weinstein said Jennifer Aniston "should be killed," unsealed court documents reveal - CBS News
Kate Beckinsale: These photos were taken at the premiere of Serendipity on October 5,2001. We all refused to go because holding a premiere mere weeks after 9/11 with the city still smoking felt like the most insensitive, tone deaf,disrespectful idea possible .But Harvey insisted. We flew into New York and somehow got through it. The next morning Harvey called me and asked if I would like to bring my less than two year old daughter to his house for a playdate with his similar aged daughter I said ok. I turned up and he immediately called for his nanny to take the babies to another room to play. I went to go with them and he said “No, you wait here .” The minute the door closed he started screaming “you stupid ******* ****, you **** you ruined my premiere .” I had no idea what he was talking about and started to shake.He said,”If I am throwing a red carpet you get in a tight dress, you shake your ass you shake your tits you do not go down it looking like a ******* lesbian you stupid ******* **** .” The shock made me burst into tears.I tried to say “Harvey,the city is on fire, people are still looking for their relatives none of us even felt the premiere was appropriate much less coming out dressed like it’s a bachelor party .” He said,”I don’t care -it’s my ******* premiere and if I want ***** on the red carpet that’s what I get”.Screaming. Livid. I managed to get myself and my child out of there and yes that was one of many experiences I had that there was no recourse for,and falls under no felony.But I WAS punished for it, and for other instances where I said no to him for years,insidiously and seeming irreversibly. Hearing that he has gone to prison for 23 years is a huge relief to me on behalf of all the women he sexually assaulted or raped, and I hope will be a deterrent to that sort of behavior in this and any other industry. Having said that,the crimes that are not crimes,the inhumane bullying and sick covert abuse for which there is STILL no recourse no matter who you tell(and I did tell),these too need to go.I hope and pray that we as an industry can start to actually outlaw all abuses of power and expose them and eliminate them, for all genders,forever.And Rose,brava ❤
instagram.com/p/B9ngeZOASEN/

MagnarTheGreat wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 11:30 am
Weinstein sentenced to 23 years in prison today.

A just sentence for a change.
Weinstein deserved two life sentences 23 years is a slap in the face to his victims.