Sexual Abuse in Hollywood

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.

The "they're asking for it" argument has never worked in the past, I'm puzzled every time people continue to use it.

I mean there's a lot of people who try to add themselves to the narrative with some bullshit story. The same thing goes for that Screen Junkies guy. I mean, I'm defnitely not saying he's an angel or that he's innocent. The amount of women alone is pretty damning and a lot of them raise serious concerns and give examples of terrible behavior. But then you also have women whose proof of harassment is a message from the guy saying: "I'm staying at the Knickerbocker square. Come over and watch a movie or something"! That's literally it. If that's harassment, that's fucking insane! People like that really hurt real victims and hurt raising the awarness of sexual harassment.

Cilogy wrote:The "they're asking for it" argument has never worked in the past, I'm puzzled every time people continue to use it.
I mean it seems to work pretty well if so many girls and women are either too afraid to speak up at all, or are slut shamed to oblivion for having done so. Surprisingly so many women do this. I really think it's internalized misogyny and "not like the other girls" mentality at play here. Hope she enjoys her stamp of approval from men for not being like those promiscuous sluts who ask for their souls and bodies to be violated.

@Lelek, please show me at least one piece of proof where a guy says what you just mentioned and it's understood as harassment. As far as I'm aware, the guy from Screen Junkies told a girl he was jerking off to her pics in her undies and invited her over, so she could just "read a book for all I care" while he did it. That's like totally the kinda thing you'd say (as someone with power over someone) to your intern, right lol? But your presence is a literal proof of the kind of people I talked about in a couple of posts above lol. So thanks. :lol:

Master Virgo wrote:I don't get Paltrow's story. She says Harvey has made advances towards her and then has threatened to fire her if she tells anyone or something, but up until now she was willing to bury this story because the guy had been lobbying hard for her undeserving Oscar. I mean what kind of a person takes a picture like this with a man who has harassed her in the past.

It's fine if you were somehow willing to forgive him, but why are you kicking him now that he's down? I'm sorry lady but you're a hypocrite.£
Paltrow is a pretentious attention whore for many reasons other than this mess, and I'd take anything she says with a truckload of salt.

Having said that, it's a culture, man. It's a systematic thing where either you need to fall in line and submit to manipulation or your career is dead. The majority of people (myself included) would much rather bare the unpleasant aspects - to where its tolerable - and have a stable career. I'd imagine in Hollywood, more than any other industry on the planet, the pressure to allow yourself to get jerked around by the system is imperative to get ahead.

I worked in a hospital for about 6 months where the woman I reported to hated men, and constantly made sexist comments and just verbally treated me like a fucking monkey. But like, I had to pay the bills.
Last edited by Cilogy on October 10th, 2017, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hollywood is imploding. Sickening revelations.

Also, Terry Crews came forvard with a story about how he was sexually assaulted by an executive.

:sick:

Master Virgo wrote:Damon has denied it.£
the author of the article that got killed confirmed Damon’s statement which is kinda good cuz i really didn’t want to believe Damon did that

but this whole thing is fucked, man; sometimes i just hate humanity

Matt Damon citing his four daughters as leverage was weak.

Also. Ben Affleck doesn't look good.

Ruth wrote:@Lelek, please show me at least one piece of proof where a guy says what you just mentioned and it's understood as harassment. As far as I'm aware, the guy from Screen Junkies told a girl he was jerking off to her pics in her undies and invited her over, so she could just "read a book for all I care" while he did it. That's like totally the kinda thing you'd say (as someone with power over someone) to your intern, right lol? But your presence is a literal proof of the kind of people I talked about in a couple of posts above lol. So thanks. :lol:
I wasn't making that sentence up - that was an EXACT QUOTE from one of the "victims" of the Screen Junkies guy. She said that was harassment. I'll repeat: "I'm staying at the Knickerbocker square. Come over and watch a movie or something"
https://twitter.com/hiddlesy/status/916685502589304832

I have no idea why you're bringing up the other victims' claims since I've already said they sound legitimate and they need to fight the good fight. A lot of the claims are disturbing. We're in complete agreement here. I have no idea why you were insinuating I'm ok with "he was jerking off to her pics in her undies and invited her over, so she could just "read a book for all I care" while he did it." Seriously, I'm appaled you'd suggest that.

I was just talking about a claim that I found attention grabbing and disrespectful to the real victims. And thanks for making an assumption about me :P Try reading my post more clearly the next time.
Last edited by LelekPL on October 10th, 2017, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

^I stand corrected then. I wasn't aware of those messages.

Unless I'm missing something, these exact emaild don't seem flat out predatory on their own. I feel like though, considering what's been happening, and the accusations and proof other women have been providing, they do become creepy if you take what others have said into account.

EDIT: I really kind of want to think Damon wasn't directly complicit in this with the whole "killing the story" thing, idk lol. But then again, in some way, and it isn't just Hollywood, because people of power preying on those weaker than them, especially women, isn't an isolated case unique to the entertainment business only, so in a sense, we're all complicit on some way or other, and I think it's the hard reality and something we all should realize. The amount of people who keep telling they didn't know (and maybe some didn't, who knows) anything about this is a clear giveaway when the rumors were always (or at least for the past years) just a click away on the internet. I think George Clooney said something about this and he's totally right. Way too many bystanders just choose to close their eyes in front of something uncomfortable happening or don't exactly know what to do with this kind of knowledge, and only seem to take a harder stance when something really big like this finally happens.

idk I just kind of hate the whole world sometimes, like I feel really hopeless