Sexual Abuse in Hollywood

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Ruth wrote:
December 14th, 2020, 8:37 pm
I actually came across this news only now. I know Shia being a big hot mess was a surprise to literally no one, but I was under the impression that his very recent years and his movies almost seemingly painted this picture of him trying to get on a better path. But that can be so incredibly misleading, as evident here.

This is mortifying. How traumatic it must have been for the victims. The dude has seemingly had a very troubling childhood and lots of inner turmoil, but neither that nor mental health issues should ever be an excuse or reason to treat someone this horribly. Good for FKA Twigs.
It's really crushing. I always had a soft spot for Shia and hoped he'd turn his serious issues around. It's tragic FKA twigs (and others, apparently) had to experience the fallout through abuse. People who are suffering are often a danger to himself and others, and I just hope he gets the help he needs and doesn't hurt anyone else, and that FKA twigs can heal.

-Vader

You're not wrong. I haven't seen Honey Boy, but as I said, I was really under the impression things were getting better. I think lots of people were.

But I read his full statement (don't have the source someone posted it on reddit lol), and it got me thinking, how much it's become tiring that we try our best to rehabilitate and look in a positive light at those who admit they're broken, admit they're full of issues, say they will seek help, yet end up never doing anything. Like I almost fucking forgot the dude had an actual history of violence with women, that's how well this thing worked. We extend our sympathies to broken men very easily and say we hope they'll get help, but at this point, it all seems like such "woe is me, i hurt people but i'm also bad to myself" manipulative (from his side) bullshit. Like, I do hope he gets help, he seems like he's in serious need of therapy (if not more), but your terrible life experiences and mental illness can only carry you so far. There should be actual consequences for this, not just this public self-flagellation that will once again get you off the hook. This is an all around such a sad story.

FKA Twigs caught a lot of racist heat for dating Robert Pattinson, and for her to say this was the worst experience, just imagine how much worse this actually had to be for her to admit it.