Sexual Abuse in Hollywood

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Because it turns the headlines (or is at least trying to) into "Kevin Spacey comes out as gay" instead of "Kevin Spacey sexually assaulted a 14 year old"

SilverHeart wrote:Because it turns the headlines (or is at least trying to) into "Kevin Spacey comes out as gay" instead of "Kevin Spacey sexually assaulted a 14 year old"
Well, Spacey's statement seems to confuse homosexuality with pederasty/pedophilia it would seem.

It's not that he's confused about the difference, it's that he's actively trying to spin this into a story about him coming out to sideline the allegations, which is ultra shitty.

SilverHeart wrote:It's not that he's confused about the difference, it's that he's actively trying to spin this into a story about him coming out to sideline the allegations, which is ultra shitty.
Yes, it's really awful and I hope people will not fall for whatever spin he's trying to put on this story.

Oh fuck I just remembered American Beauty and that makes this SO MUCH WORSE

Fuck Kevin Spacey. He's using the gay community as a shield. His apology is despicable.

SilverHeart wrote:Oh fuck I just remembered American Beauty and that makes this SO MUCH WORSE
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

SilverHeart wrote:Oh fuck I just remembered American Beauty and that makes this SO MUCH WORSE
No. It doesn't.

A movie about Kevin Spacey's obsession with an underage girl is not made substantially worse knowing he has obsessions with underage people in real life?

SilverHeart wrote:A movie about Kevin Spacey's obsession with an underage girl is not made substantially worse knowing he has obsessions with underage people in real life?
I mean, since you’re clearly out for blood and enjoying this latest piece of celebrity horror as a perfectly comfortable, semi-unknown forum poster, I knew a kid who liked MCU and, recreationally, drawing swastikas in public spaceys, shall we point our pitchforks at him as well?