The Consanguineous Sex Thread

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Master Virgo wrote:This is the same set of reactions someone would get some years ago if (s)he said, there is nothing wrong with the same sex marriage. Because it's so wild to say, that this is none of your goddamn business to set principles for whom someone is allowed to love, as long as neither of them is a minor and they are not hurting anyone. It's actually amazing that how many of you people think, that it is your right to speak about someone else's love life this way.£
So, is it okay for you to have sex with your daddy? (I assume you're not a minor anymore)

He's right

Master Virgo wrote:Well, you people are wise enough not to get engaged in an argument. I give you credit for that at least. By all means, keep trolling instead of saying something worthwhile in return. It's quite clear that you haven't even given the matter any thoughts.

This is the same set of reactions someone would get some years ago if (s)he said, there is nothing wrong with the same sex marriage. Because it's so wild to say, that this is none of your goddamn business to set principles for whom someone is allowed to love, as long as neither of them is a minor and they are not hurting anyone. It's actually amazing that how many of you people think, that it is your right to speak about someone else's love life this way.£
So you were being serious? WTF!?

First of all, I don't forbid any adults to do whatever they do in their bedrooms.

But I do have opinions and incest is not only immoral (which as you mentioned is a prespective that can change with time) but it's also reckless and factually harmful when you consider the offspring and the damage inbreeding creates.

Finally and most importantly, it's fucking weird, man :P

The biggest irony is this is the most heat Valerian thread will ever get. :lol:

How did this thread came to be what it is right now. Unbelievable.

Master Virgo wrote:Well, you people are wise enough not to get engaged in an argument. I give you credit for that at least. By all means, keep trolling instead of saying something worthwhile in return. It's quite clear that you haven't even given the matter any thoughts.

This is the same set of reactions someone would get some years ago if (s)he said, there is nothing wrong with the same sex marriage. Because it's so wild to say, that this is none of your goddamn business to set principles for whom someone is allowed to love, as long as neither of them is a minor and they are not hurting anyone. It's actually amazing that how many of you people think, that it is your right to speak about someone else's love life this way.£
It's beautiful how you managed to gather all of these assumptions from a couple of jokes. I, for one, didn't say a single word about what I think is acceptable when it comes to others private lives and especially love lives, because naturally, if it doesn't concern me, my family or friends, my stupid curiosity, I don't give a fuck. I could argue that even when I'm curious, I don't give THAT many fucks. Unless people are being hurt, abused or exploited in an illegal, immoral or plain concerning way.
It's just weird to me, and I guess, worthy of discussion, because this isn't a matter of sexuality like homosexuality. There isn't a sexuality that groups people who are into their family members. No, it's usually a matter of an individual. It just makes me think, because while love is a universal feeling and can be shared amongst everyone and anyone basically, sexual attractiveness and lust is kind of a different thing, right? If you've lived in a household with a sibling, you obviously (well, most likely) love him or her, but for me, what's interesting is not the society's views on this, but what goes on inside of said people's heads, like, how and where does this begin.

Also, there's another story with genetic disorders if family members who are having a sexual relationship decided to have an offspring, but idk lol. But I never said I have a right to judge people on this just by making a (as far as I can tell, inoffensive) joke.

The "genetic disorders" argument against incest is a bad one, all there is is a slightly increased risk of genetic disorders and we only all know that because incest is already a taboo. I mean that we're prone to examine things we already consider taboo and figure out the risks and not examine or think too much about the risks in things we don't condemn. Each one of us is genetically predisposed to certain diseases or conditions and the partners we mate with always complicate one way or another, so it's just silly to think like there's a night and day difference between incest and non-incest biologically.

It's even sillier to think there's a moral difference. Society creates taboos out of everything it's not yet ready to deal with and unlike other things the concept and values of "family" are still too sacred in most cultures so we just let them be challenged. Besides, I'm sure that many confuse the issue of morality with the fact that they just can't imagine being attracted to a family member. I mean, we perceive relatives in much more complex ways than everyone else so that alone makes it completely impossible for me and most people to get turned on by a relative, but some just mistake the statistics/probabilities of it with whether it's normal or moral or wrong or anything. In the first place, even when we do what most of us do, which is seek partners outside of family, we're still always looking for a compromise between the unknown (that's filled with the potentialities of difference) and the familiar ("family"?). So if we always end up fucking versions of our relatives anyway how immoral is the real thing really? And I bet it goes the other way around as well, I guess some parents can get turned on by their children because they look like younger versions of their partner, or a sister can get turned on by her brother because he's like a younger version of her father (that's like a notch more acceptable isn't it?), not necessarily because that's perverted.

Of course non-consent and illegal age-difference are a problem, but we should be honest with ourselves. There's a difference between a taboo and "a problem". One is literal and concrete and the other is bloated by the misconceptions of people who don't want to talk literal and concrete, distance and fence themselves from confronting the issue.

PS: and "oh, and what if everyone just started doing it, what will it come to then???" is another bad argument too so watch out

Nauta wrote:So, is it okay for you to have sex with your daddy?
i think so

why else would you call me daddy every time we fuck

This thread

Incest isn't right