The Consanguineous Sex Thread

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
I gave up hope of having an actual conversation about this a good while ago, and the residents back then seemed much more open minded. The forum has declined in that regard ever since if anything.

Now we have resorted to discuss such basic subjects as to why a group of women rushing ahead to support each other for a sense of inspiration, is something that can actually happen in reality and not only an imaginary situation coming out of the mind of a writer with an agenda.

...he said in a thread about incest

Ruth wrote:
July 3rd, 2019, 6:54 pm
So I’m wondering if after 2 years, anyone’s updated their views on this topic

Consanguineous sex - yay or nay?

Let’s discuss!
Basically

Seriously

I don't see why it's so frowned upon.

If the only moral objection is that like it produces messed up kids, then you could say that about anyone with like any congenital transportable condition.

Cilogy wrote:
July 4th, 2019, 3:13 pm
Ruth wrote:
July 3rd, 2019, 6:54 pm
So I’m wondering if after 2 years, anyone’s updated their views on this topic

Consanguineous sex - yay or nay?

Let’s discuss!
Basically

Seriously

I don't see why it's so frowned upon.

If the only moral objection is that like it produces messed up kids, then you could say that about anyone with like any congenital transportable condition.
actually yeah. people in incestuous relationships should definitely refrain from having kids, but like two legal adults consenting to whatever they want to consent - why do we even care

sure it’s kind of creepy, and the circumstances under which such relationships begin can be very creepy, but not giving a rat’s ass about incest doesn’t mean you’d be willing to commit it yourself lmao

it’s just not caring about what other adults do if it’s not harmful

I say ughhhhh...

Brother and sister sounds wrong but kind of "whatever". Father and daughter feels like a crime, though.

It's legal in all the countries Nolan has picked for filming Tenet except his own country UK.

I tell you Nolan is a supporter. Wink wink Nolan I know you are reading this.

If we're talking about "incest", I don't really care. Even if it's father and daughter or mother and son. The same rules apply as in normal sexual relationships. One shouldn't be emotionally manipulative or controlling, coercing the other party into it. If it were a parent-offspring ordeal, ideally it should wait until the descendant is at least somewhat mature, 20–25 or older.

I'm not repulsed at incest as some are. The logical argument against it is that it can result in deformed children. Apart from that, in a world where "love is love" as long as it is bet ween two adult humans, an arbitrary line of "but not blood!" doesn't make sense. Is it "weird" or taboo? Sure. Am I in a position to say that love through partnership between two family members is impossible? No.

Geoffrey wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 5:58 pm
If we're talking about "incest", I don't really care. Even if it's father and daughter or mother and son. The same rules apply as in normal sexual relationships. One shouldn't be emotionally manipulative or controlling, coercing the other party into it. If it were a parent-offspring ordeal, ideally it should wait until the descendant is at least somewhat mature, 20–25 or older.

I'm not repulsed at incest as some are. The logical argument against it is that it can result in deformed children. Apart from that, in a world where "love is love" as long as it is bet ween two adult humans, an arbitrary line of "but not blood!" doesn't make sense. Is it "weird" or taboo? Sure. Am I in a position to say that love through partnership between two family members is impossible? No.
I can't believe Virgo is into Incest...They Wokescold everyone on this form, and think people who eat meat are amoral...

The reason Incest is wrong is mainly to do with power dynamics. Usually, in most cases, it is sexual assault, from a parent, or a sibling. You can't be sure of the consent, because age and other things come into play. Also, you have to wonder about people in incestuous relationships, it seems like they have limited their reach as far as relationships and sexuality are concerned. It is not healthy, like living with parents well into adulthood...get out there, don't settle for your brother/sister, take risks.

also...the legal arguments are iffy...I hear a lot of the same rhetoric around incest as people who are into bestiality...which is legal in Hungary and Finnland...maybe Virgo should move there. I can't believe they would put this shit on this form...

A Borges man wrote:
February 21st, 2021, 9:18 pm
also...the legal arguments are iffy...I hear a lot of the same rhetoric around incest as people who are into bestiality...which is legal in Hungary and Finnland...maybe Virgo should move there. I can't believe they would put this shit on this form...
Hey what