The Feminism Test - Let's expose ourselves

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
It's a known small simple yet pretty much accurate test overall.

http://www.celebritytypes.com/feminism-5/test.php

I took this with a friend of mine because feminism became an important subject for her.

I'm really curious about some of y'all results. Anyway, these are my results.

I'm pretty sure some of y'all will fill those radical/marxist bars way up. :lol:

Edit: I took the test again after a couple of months and seems like I have stronger opinions about some stuff that I used to be more neutral towards due to lack of research and studying.£
Last edited by Master Virgo on January 24th, 2018, 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Taking the test again after a while

I imagine the reason I did not dominate in a particular category is because I rarely answered with ‘strongly agree’ or ‘strongly disagree’, these questions are not nuanced to be answered in that way.

I really don't think that's an accurate quiz. It reminds me of an episode of The West Wing I saw recently where an issue of polls came up and how important it is to distinguish between supporting a cause and actually caring about it. Most people would fall under a certain type of feminism according to that poll when the reality is anything but. It was still fun though:

yikes

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:I really don't think that's an accurate quiz.
According to my doctor it's a pretty accurate test for what it wants to achieve. Sure it's not detailed and all, but it highlights quite accurately your thoughts on things in general. Not just feminism.

For example, I scored a higher a 68% in Liberal Feminism because I really am the type of guy that associates feminism with the feminist movement for equal rights. That was the initial intention of the movement and I think feminism should focus on that instead of expanding in ridiculous territories.

I also scored 55% in Traditionalism. Which is you know a bit above what would be considered average traditionalism, simply because when it comes to feminism I really believe that the issue goes way back to our roots that it's really hard to change it all up over night. It's thousands of years of women and men being tunneled into certain directions because of their own natural traits which I do stand by. I believe both women and men are to provide for society in equal manner but in different ways. I'm not of the opinion that men and women can participate in all activities and offer the same results because I think there's a limit given by the nature of our build. Which is a more traditionalist approach.

And then my third highest rating was scoring a sub-par 47% in Marxist Feminism. And that's because I do believe it's the way the western society is currently structured that women get to be at a disadvantage. That's not to say that I'm strongly convinced of this idea and blame capitalism entirely considering that I haven't even stroke a 50% in this category.

And then obviously I scored very low in the Radical/Cultural feminism (which unfortunately is quite the spread type of feminism these days, even according to some results above) because I simply do not condone for the punishment and judging of man as well as I do not approve of the lowkey fight for gender supremacy. I don't believe in enforcing things just because you want to be a part of the cake. I don't believe in the ideas of imposed QUOTAS being implemented in a free society. I believe in the idea of your OWN ABILITY to perform and EARN your spot over a god damn quota.

Which is why (for example in the movie industry) I don't agree with splitting the way main roles are given based on whatever basic demographic percentage such as women and men being 50/50. It's a lot more than that. If we have 10 cop movies then obviously we will have at least 7 of those movies having 7 main male leads simply because that's the reality of it. The majority of the cops are males. Just like for example if there are 10 movies about nurses, 9 out of 10 should have female leads, because that's the reality. 90% of the nurses are female. So I definitely am against imposing things based on the single idea that women are just as many in this world as men. It's radical, it's not an intelligent approach at fighting for equal rights because it's not a natural thing at all, it's extremely feminist-cultural driven, and it simply defies logic.

Basically if you score highly in the Radical/Marxist/Cultural areas, you need to ask yourself some questions. Of course, these are not be talked with me here or with anyone on this forum. These results are better talked with a doctor that can actually get to the core of the things that made you answer the way you answered to certain questions. Because a lot of these results are influenced by the society in which we grew up in, the relationship that we grew to notice between our parents, the way we were thought to deal with sexism. The friends you grew up with, the relationship with your parents and family, etc. And that's something that's better not discussed here but in private. But this is a good starting point to see if there are things that you need to talk about with someone.

Because in the end, being radical or too cultural, traditional or marxist driven about something... that's not really a healthy thing nor it ever was. Regardless if it's about feminism or plastic toys not being a thing anymore.

Feminism should be about creating an environment in which ability is looked over genre. An environment in which a female will not be looked down on regardless of her skills. That's true gender equality. When ability > gender. Where skill > gender. And demanding, imposing or begging for recognition BASED on gender works exactly against that. Against gender equality. And that falls into the radical/cultural extreme feminist views.

So basically gender equality should be not about giving equal rights based on genre but by eliminating genre at all from the conversation. And only then the rights will be equal for all.
Last edited by RIFA on May 27th, 2017, 2:14 am, edited 7 times in total.