The End of Trumpocalypse: TBD!

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Michaelf2225 wrote: can we talk about the White House Counsel who said Spicer presented "alternative facts"

wtf does that even mean?
Yeah, when i read that i had the same reaction as you. "alternative facts" wtf.
PowerDump wrote:When I see these protestors all I can think of is, assuming we don't get into a mass nuclear war which I have no idea why we would, how exactly is your life going be directly affected? I think it's just scary how much influence one person, who you may never even meet and may not have anything but a minor actual impact on your lifestyle, can have over these people and their actions.

I mean is it possible that if everyone ignored the stuff they didn't like, they might just be fine or is that like the craziest idea ever lol?
Yeah, sure, let's just ignore until something majorly affects people's lifestyle. Oh wait.
Last edited by Havoc1st on January 23rd, 2017, 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Michaelf2225 wrote:
prince0gotham wrote:https://www.facebook.com/theguardian/vi ... f=NEWSFEED#

Some comment

"Trump's press secretary said that there is no way of knowing how many people attended Trump's inauguration and that it was the most attended inauguration in history. I think teachers should use this in their classrooms to teach logic."
can we talk about the White House Counsel who said Spicer presented "alternative facts"

wtf does that even mean?
2+2=5

PowerDump wrote:When I see these protestors all I can think of is, assuming we don't get into a mass nuclear war which I have no idea why we would, how exactly is your life going be directly affected? I think it's just scary how much influence one person, who you may never even meet and may not have anything but a minor actual impact on your lifestyle, can have over these people and their actions.

I mean is it possible that if everyone ignored the stuff they didn't like, they might just be fine or is that like the craziest idea ever lol?
Whenever you encourage others to ignore the injustices that happen to other people you help create an environment where noone stands in solidarity with anyone and you yourself may be fine for a while but there might come a point when you are affected (for instance when they repeal the ACA and you need to pay outrageous sums for your medical treatment, which you may or may not be able to afford) and eventually noone will be there to stand with you and your pain and suffering will be ignored by others and they'll make the case as to why noone else should care about your problems because supposedly they're not real problems and people should just go on with their lives instead of protesting for the rights of those who suffer. I'm not sure you'd like that scenario very much.

The President has gagged the social media accounts and media presence of all parts of the NPA. Meaning, no National Park or climate change organization can tweet or report to the media. After this announcement Badlands made several tweets urging the importance of real facts about climate change and every subsequent tweet made after the gag was forcibly taken down by the government.

RIP The First Amendment

Batfan175 wrote:

Whenever you encourage others to ignore the injustices that happen to other people you help create an environment where noone stands in solidarity with anyone and you yourself may be fine for a while but there might come a point when you are affected (for instance when they repeal the ACA and you need to pay outrageous sums for your medical treatment, which you may or may not be able to afford) and eventually noone will be there to stand with you and your pain and suffering will be ignored by others and they'll make the case as to why noone else should care about your problems because supposedly they're not real problems and people should just go on with their lives instead of protesting for the rights of those who suffer. I'm not sure you'd like that scenario very much.
The ACA has always been more expensive then what I've been paying for so I don't get it. Outside of internet forums, all I've heard is how dang expensive ACA is and how bad it is. For the companies I worked for, I haven't heard one person say how great it is. It's a mighty ambitious project, but it wasn't without it's problems. Plus, isn't he saying he's going to try and make insurance it even more affordable?

The main problem I have with the protesting, is there are too many wingnuts out there that are making the regular protestors look bad. I keep seeing these "tolerant" liberals cussing out anyone who supports Trump even if these Trump supporters are really just voting for him because they've hated what the government has done for a while now and even if he doesn't act on all his promises, at least he offers to get rid of what they thought was way to much government control. I'm also seeing these people protesting because of Trump being "racist" and in return come off as being racist against white people which is in a sad way kind of funny.

What I've even seen from Facebook acquaintances, is a lot of people clinging to that anybody, anyone one person that supports Trump is a racist. That has to be one of the biggest grasps at straws I've ever seen.

I'm completely neutral in a typical election, I hated both candidates this year and didn't support either of them. This election is bringing out the absolute worst on both sides.

PowerDump wrote:at least he offers to get rid of what they thought was way to much government control.
I would assume the reason many liberals are angry and cussing people out is because Trump's literally doing the opposite of this and people don't care. Civil liberties are being trampled on, and it's not looking like it will be better anytime soon. And that's coming from someone who's not liberal.

Trump literally (on day 4) issued an executive order eradicating the speech of people with an opposite view of him. How is that not "way too much government control"? How are people not responding to this? The strong reaction from liberals is because it seems nothing else has worked and it's frightening. Trump supporters are too busy brushing off liberals as "loud and rude that are just angry" without even realizing what the people being loud and rude are even mad about. As soon as a government begins censoring its opposition, dictatorship and fascism has potential of rising, and when the people sit back and accept it, it makes it all the easier. The way these people see it, they're not going down without a fight. Just my two cents. Could be wrong considering I'm not one of those that went to march nor did I talk to anyone about why they chose to march lol

PowerDump wrote:This election is bringing out the absolute worst on both sides.
just an update trump is president now

Bacon wrote:
PowerDump wrote:at least he offers to get rid of what they thought was way to much government control.
I would assume the reason many liberals are angry and cussing people out is because Trump's literally doing the opposite of this and people don't care. Civil liberties are being trampled on, and it's not looking like it will be better anytime soon. And that's coming from someone who's not liberal.

Trump literally (on day 4) issued an executive order eradicating the speech of people with an opposite view of him. How is that not "way too much government control"? How are people not responding to this? The strong reaction from liberals is because it seems nothing else has worked and it's frightening. Trump supporters are too busy brushing off liberals as "loud and rude that are just angry" without even realizing what the people being loud and rude are even mad about. As soon as a government begins censoring its opposition, dictatorship and fascism has potential of rising, and when the people sit back and accept it, it makes it all the easier. The way these people see it, they're not going down without a fight. Just my two cents. Could be wrong considering I'm not one of those that went to march nor did I talk to anyone about why they chose to march lol
Where was this executive order about eradicating speech? Seriously, I haven't heard of it yet.

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
PowerDump wrote:This election is bringing out the absolute worst on both sides.
just an update trump is president now
*Just an update, Trump is president now.