The End of Trumpocalypse: TBD!

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Now?

Drone strikes on hospitals and schools, Guantanamo bay, destabilizing countries, black sites around the globe, arming criminals in other countries,totally fucking up global economy and then jailing a single schmuck for that...

And now you're the bad guys?

I mean like bad the sense that it’s gone past the point of no return. There’s no redemption.

£

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
We must maintain a Strong Southern Border. We cannot allow our Country to be overrun by illegal immigrants as the Democrats tell their phony stories of sadness and grief, hoping it will help them in the elections. Obama and others had the same pictures, and did nothing about it!
================================================================

He really is a odious and nasty piece of work.

DREAMER wrote:
June 22nd, 2018, 11:46 am
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
We must maintain a Strong Southern Border. We cannot allow our Country to be overrun by illegal immigrants as the Democrats tell their phony stories of sadness and grief, hoping it will help them in the elections. Obama and others had the same pictures, and did nothing about it!
================================================================

He really is a odious and nasty piece of work.
You’re just seeing that now?

Master Virgo wrote:
June 21st, 2018, 5:04 pm

£
Not some Trump apologist, but this cover is full of lies. I heard the little girl crying was not even separated from her mother. Based on some reports, her mother took her away from her father leaving not just her husband behind but her three other kids, then entering U.S. without any kind of a proper document. Media these days. lol

XdreamsY wrote:
June 23rd, 2018, 3:20 pm
Not some Trump apologist, but this cover is full of lies. I heard the little girl crying was not even separated from her mother. Based on some reports, her mother took her away from her father leaving not just her husband behind but her three other kids, then entering U.S. without any kind of a proper document. Media these days. lol

EDIT: The photographer stands by TIME in this. It's symbolic and to genuinely try to argue otherwise or calling it a cover that is "full of lies" is being purposefully obtuse.
"The Time cover is an illustration that interprets a wider issue being reported on within the magazine," Moore said. "The photograph I took is a straightforward and an honest image; it shows a brief moment in time of a distressed little girl, whose mother is being searched as they are both taken into custody. I believe this image has raised awareness of the zero tolerance policy of the current administration. Having covered immigration for Getty Images for 10 years, this photograph for me is part of a much larger story."

Actually the cover is purposefully obtuse. I understand that the reporter who was present was witnessing a woman entering the American soil "illegally" -- who was I believe trying to not seek asylum because of violence or anything, but to mainly find work in the U.S., but leaving the other three children she gave birth to behind with her husband. The Time Magazine made that picture of a little girl crying as symbolic and saddening as the dead body of the little boy at the Turkish beach.

Nothing wrong with people entering U.S. or any other nation for work, but know this that you need to have proper documents. Entering any country illegally has consequences, so not sure why half the nation is going crazy are slow to understand this simple rule. These kids in cages are, yes, absolutely saddening and I think we should have better facilities than cages, but to think of it, why even have the cages when having closed borders is cheaper and possible. Now I hope that I don't get attacked on this forum, because it's climate for calling people Nazi and racist, but I say nothing racist.

Again, not a fan of Trump, but come on, these cages existed during Obama, who was just as Trump called for strong border control and even Clinton. Haha

Media these days. :lol:

XdreamsY wrote:
June 23rd, 2018, 9:55 pm
Again, not a fan of Trump, but come on, these cages existed during Obama, who was just as Trump called for strong border control and even Clinton. Haha
True, but families remained together during Obama's administration.

...But why are we even talking about Obama now? He no longer leads the country; Trump does. That's why he's been the center of this conversation.

XdreamsY wrote:
June 23rd, 2018, 9:55 pm
Nothing wrong with people entering U.S. or any other nation for work, but know this that you need to have proper documents. Entering any country illegally has consequences, so not sure why half the nation is going crazy are slow to understand this simple rule.
because the consequences are inhumane. the lack of empathy it shows for people of different backgrounds is pretty drastic which is where the nazi parallels are coming from