The End of Trumpocalypse: TBD!

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.

MagnarTheGreat wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 12:50 pm
How are people not already storming the White House with forks and torches after this comment?

Because half of the nation is racist/fascist/mysoginistic/evangelical asshats.

They built a baby gate around the White House.

So some folks decided to use it for their own purposes:

So a peaceful protest did take place in my country on Friday. I didn’t attend because I found out too late + live a couple of kms away, so going wasn’t really an option for me, but I am happy it all happened. Maybe some of the posters and signs looked a little misguided, as in straight up copied to what the protesters used in the US, without "readapting" them to match our own local context a bit better; but it was all with the best of intentions, and no violence escalated, despite some provocations.

However, just checking social media and facebook in particular responses to the event left me feeling really numb from all of the toxic, hateful and mocking comments that I witnessed. I am not shocked at all, but I'm honestly ashamed. It's this heavy feeling that I can't shake off, but at the same time there aren't that many people to talk to about this without being laughed at here. I really wish I had more strength and thicker skin to do better.

Trump is now resorting to some good old fashioned tokenism.

Couple of bad apples my arse. It's a god damn mafia.

It's also interesting to see the hive mind of the "good apples" that still refuse to acknowledge the problem or try to defend the thousands murdering people on the streets. Some would rather cut communication with friends completely than to admit there's a problem in the system.